• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting out printed decals?

dirttoo

I am looking at the Sign Warehouse PrismJet/Mutoh print/cut/laminate deal. I was wanting to know if you print and cut say 200 3" round decals can you cut clear thru the backing paper so you just have the 3" decals to hand out or do you need to only cut to the backing and then cut into squares? Would the Roland print/cut machine do this?

signage

Welcome to teh forums fro PA. (OlllllO)

If the cutter cuts all the way through the backing paper you will be replacing the cutting strip regularly and go through tones of blades!

cgsigns_jamie

Depends on the cutter...

My Graphtec FC8000 has a "channel" in front of the cut strip. So when I want to do a perf cut I move the blade to the front tool holder (above the channel).

I also have a Roland XC540 that can do perf cuts, unfortunately there is no channel for the blade so it'll just eat up the cut strip if you're not careful.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
This is one of those things that just because you can do something is not sufficient reason to do it.

A blade designed to cut vinyl is perhaps the worst possible choice for a blade to cut paper. Paper is incredibly abrasive and will take the tip off a vinyl blade instantly. Not to mention the additional strain placed on a mechanism designed to cut much less substantial material.