• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting panels with flexi on gerber edge 2 and gs15

mdleisure

Hi all.

Pretty new to using gerber edge and flexi and I have a question

I am trying to print a large sign that will need paneling. Thats fine I have got all that sorted.

My issue is how to get flexi to cut the panels to the panel width on the plotter after it has printed. i will need to get rid of the sprocket holes so it can be mounted.

i have searched around for an answer but everything seems to be connected with contour cutting. i dont have an issue with a contour cut. Its just I want to cut around the panel that it creates. i thought shall i just try it and see if it does it but there is no plot job generated and no registration marks on the print.

What am I missing. If i dont put a contour cut around the whole sign then I have no access to the cut/plot in advanced settings.

Last time I had to do something like this was on omega and it was pretty much straight forward but I seem to be struggling with flexi.

There must be a way to do it. My last alternative would be to manually split the sign with contour cuts before I get to PM.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks