• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CWT Evolution

OhioSigns

Been debating on getting a flatbed application table for a couple of years now and I am finally ready to buy one before the end of the year. I've heard some reviews on tables leaving more silvering than R2R laminators. CWT has a new table out, the evolution that is heated with horizontal drive. Has anybody purchased or used the CWT Evolution table and have any feedback on it? I do quite a bit of laminating on short runs of 6 to 8 feet and it would be nice to use the table vs webbing up my Kala 1650.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You can run these short things through without webbing the laminator in the traditional way if you leave a little lead and tail on the prints, 8" a side give or take. Pull your material through about 4 inches, get it even and hold it with a magnet, center and each corner to keep it tight. Pull the laminate through, drop the roller and raise it again just a hair, pull it tight and hold it with the magnets too. Drop the roller, peel the backing, roll it under and you are ready. You can either stick the backing to the takeup or just roll it up as you go. Before the tail goes through, reverse the roller a little, cut the lam and roll it back up.