• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cyan head clogged - oceCS6060

J Hill Designs

Hey all -

been spending daaays cleaning up my new (old) oce cs6060 - getting results clearing 5 of the 6 heads (it was out of commission for quite a while (I mean quite a while - ink lines had 8 inch + plugs of solid ink in them)) - got ink flowing through all but the cyan head - i can't pull ANYTHING through it -- is this definitely a clogged head, or do the nozzles "open" and "close" with electric current? (IE is it maybe "off" instead of clogged) -- just a thought before I resort to buying a head for it...

TIA

Mspec

The higher drive voltage would only result in a larger drop size, and would not cause any damage to the head. Also PZ head nozzles are always "open", the current constricts the chamber causing the drop to be squeezed out. ( think "old school" oil can style. ) I would soak your clogged heads in solvent, and use a small amount of air pressure ( under 15 psi )to work the solvent out of the jets. You may be able to recover those other two heads eventually..

J Hill Designs

:thumb: thanks -- I swapped cyan and light cyan printheads for the time being and am printing beautifully in 4 color mode -- once this machine starts making us money, I will probably go ahead and replace that head -- lm is cleaning out sweet, so that looks like my only problem now...

appreciate the voltage feedback