• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cyan leaking

projectneon

hey all,
just want to no if anybody has had this issue?

i have a jfx-1631 which im fairly new on, there seems to be no other colours but cyan leaking, im gathering its from the heads but it drips onto the floor and the side of the bed, making everything very messy.

is it because of the head clean function squirting ink out and missing the tray??

miker

no experience with your specific machine, but usually a ink leak is caused by air air leak somewhere in that channel. Check all you fittings and tubes on your cyan channel.

Do you get occasional ink drips with that color while printing?

jhanson

The JFX-1631 uses some form of Toshiba Tec industrial printhead. I'm not sure if those heads rely on a negative pressure (vacuum) system to keep the subtank ink supply stable, but if they do, then having too low of a negative pressure setting may cause the ink to leak from the heads.

cwb143

Yeah I had same problem today actually. I let the ink run down too low in the reservoir and that allowed air to come in through the filter which made the ink drip from the heads. Moral of the story is keep your reservoirs filled up.

projectneon

i no its a month later, but it turned out to be the positive air pressure valve that pushes the ink out when doing just a clean was faulty and was draining are cyan every head clean we did.
we were loosing up to an average of 20 grms per clean, so this was not a healthy thing! it still hasnt been properly fixed but updates will come as i we find out