• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Damper replacement

MarCom

I'm getting missing lines for magenta and black on my Prismjet 62. I replaced the capping station and the lines are still there plus I've done many powerful cleans, wiper change, etc. I've even soaked the capping pads with solvent overnight a couple times....so, I'm going to give damper replacement a try but am wondering if anyone can give a short description of the procedure for doing it correctly. Thanks for any help!

Jackpine

Sounds like the print head is bad. The damper acts as a filter and when bad restricts ink flow. When my black damper went bad it was because or "make do" information from uninformed techs (not Rick). One failure will lead to others. I replaced a maintenance station on my Falcon jr to "fix" a black problem. In the end, it was the print head....that caused the damper to go bad....that caused ink lines before the damper to leak that caused the caps to fail. If you do an ink line flush and the cleaning solution moves freely, I would guess .... print head. I was told by the "good tech" to do a head wash every 6 to 12 months....cleans the buildup. I watch my waste ink lines more closly now to make sure everything is moving along.