• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Deal of the day

HulkSmash

Pretty good deal on a 27" Monitor here for those looking to upgrade their monitors.

Birthday is in 10 days thought i'd get myself one! It's a great buy.

J

john1

Awesome deal, I just got a AOC 27" LCD at CompUSA/TigerDirect for $239.99 though

27" is AMAZING over the 22" i had.

Locals Find!

Is the resolution the same between a monitor and a 1080 hd tv ?

The resolution on a Monitor is much better than a T.V. that is why they charge more for monitors than T.Vs if TVs were as good don't you think they would charge just as much as they do for a monitor of the same size?

OldPaint

ok.........riddle me this.......if its a tv used as a monitor and its running at 1920 X 1080, a lcd monitor runing at 1920 X1080.......there wont be any difference. the thing that does make a diff is between a 720p and a 1080p. speaking from experiance. the wife gave me a samsung 26" 720p tv/monitor for my birthday this year. hooked it up via VGA port to computer like any other monitor. right off the bat i cant get a get a higher resolution 1360 X 1024. i have an ATI vid card, and i could "force" it to 1920, but on a restart it would go back native 1360 X1024. took it back and got this VIZIO 1080P........as soon as i pluged it in.........i got 1920 X 1080! no more problems. this thing is sharper quality then the 32" 1080p tv we have in the living room. from what i gather its RESPONSE TIME, that is the tiny diff. monitors are supposedly faster. unless your a gamer......you wont see any diff. liek i said for $20 more you get a tv. also i can be on skype and talking and watching TV at the same time. just mute the TV....AND TURN ON THE CLOSED CAPTION......and you got a foreign flim)))))

HulkSmash

Awesome deal, I just got a AOC 27" LCD at CompUSA/TigerDirect for $239.99 though

27" is AMAZING over the 22" i had.

I had a Noc a couple years ago. It's not good for design. The colors were always off... died within a couple years. Hopefully they're better now.