• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

deer blind sheer

mikey-Oh

hello, i have a client with a kinda odd/interesting idea. he's looking to get some high res photos of his favorite hunting spots printed. the idea behind this is to create a unique deer blind to the specific environment. honestly, i'm not sure if the deer would notice one way or another, but his check will clear either way.

thinking banner material would be too heavy/cumbersome/scented(?) might pursue sublimation of some sort of sheer material. that's what the other blinds in cabela's/bass pro appear to be.

currently the plan is for a 5' x 5' print/blind. does anyone have a similar prior projects or suggestion? also, if so which of our fine merchant members may provide such a service.

Thank You,
mike

signage

Mike just get some deer for and mix it with distilled water and spay all over the banner, now the scent problem is solved:doh::Big Laugh

Pat Whatley

Needs to be a soft, sheer material, sublimation would be ideal.

And like you said, the idea is ridiculous. You can stick fluorescent green with orange stripes up there and the deer don't care.

mikey-Oh

maybe a fine mist of deer urine before the heat press. just to make sure.

thanks for the input fellas
:beer:corndog:

Last edited:

NZDR-Payne

Deer don't see colors but they do see shapes and patterns extremely well. Thus, the need to blend in - especially on ground level.

Solvent ink should be fine. The guy is likely going to spray it down with scent blocker or attractant anyway. As long as he sets it up in advance and gives the deer time to get used to it he'll be fine.

There are some really nice sheer, solvent-compatible fabrics out there. They can be a little spendy though. Just look for products that have a liner, especially if your printer does not support linerless printing.

Check out:
3P Inkjet Textiles
Neschen/Seal
Aurora Textiles

btropical.com

Be nice to use the Pool screen enclosure stuff that way air travels thru it on hot days <<< florida during bow and black powder >

G-Artist

What's wrong with Tyvek for the blind? It's strong, rip proof, weatherproof, durable, very light weight making easily portable (roll it on a tube) and will block wind...plus its cheap.