• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Delam issues with Avery 1105 1360/1460

AdamSok

Hi All,

Curious if anyone has been running into issues with Avery 1105 wrap vinyl delaming? We are printing with HP L570 Latex printers. Seems to happen most with 1360 and 1460 lam. We store the vinyl at the recommended temps, and have also checked the laminator pressure setting. We're using the recommended Avery print profile. Most of the delam issues happen during installation. It has also happened with scraps that have been hanging up for later use. We have always been an Avery shop, but this is getting old at this point. Any thoughts before we switch wrap vinyl's altogether?

Thanks,
Adam

ikarasu

Isn't it the overcoat / scratching that's added into the ink that's the issue, not the optimizer? The optimiser is what makes the ink stick to the media.

I know on the new latex printers you can turn overcoat off if you're laminating to make overlam stick better... Makes it really scratchable though.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
It is the overcoat that is ink the ink. This is why HP took that out and made it a separate ink in the 700s/800s. Turn it off for lam and on for no lam. We really never had any issue with our 570. With our work flow we are printing one day and lamination the next. With our 800 we always turn off the overcoat for lam prints.

Try giving your prints extra time to cure (over night) before lam.

juan.runnells

Production Manager Wide Format
You need to get Avery or your supplier to sell you 6460 at a discounted price. I've been running 570's for years, and the adhesive on the 1360 1460 just doesn't stick to the inks properly.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
Hi All,

Curious if anyone has been running into issues with Avery 1105 wrap vinyl delaming? We are printing with HP L570 Latex printers. Seems to happen most with 1360 and 1460 lam. We store the vinyl at the recommended temps, and have also checked the laminator pressure setting. We're using the recommended Avery print profile. Most of the delam issues happen during installation. It has also happened with scraps that have been hanging up for later use. We have always been an Avery shop, but this is getting old at this point. Any thoughts before we switch wrap vinyl's altogether?

Thanks,
Adam
Call me tomorrow
Bruce
631-520-3074