• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design-Off #4 Results & Prizes

Doyle

Okay here's the listing for which design belonged to who....

1. Replicator
2. Luggnut
3. Insignia
4. Ndemond
5. GAC05
6. Rick 1ST PLACE
7. Neato 2ND PLACE
8. Deaton Design
9. Flisk
10. Sites&Signs 3RD PLACE

Prizes are as follows:
1st. Hand painted winner's sign by Jillbeans of her design from design-off #3 !!!
2nd. DTG Shirt from 3rd Dimension Sign Co.
3rd. Selection of Toon Factory clipart

Details of each can be provided by the sponsors of the prizes.. thanks again for your generous contributions, you guys are awesome!!!!!!

Once again, great work from all the participants, thanks for playing and GREAT work!!!!

:U Rock::signs101::thankyou:

Ken

Hey Doyle...thanks for moderating this and lining up those prizes.
Thanks also to the prize donors.
Congrats Rick! I had some reservations about your entry..but, really..it is a classy sign for that era. The mob rules.
Cheers!
Ken

GB2

Old Member
Super effort by all participants, moderators and prize donors. That was a really cool presentation with that .gif version. Could we get a little more detailed explanation of the creation of that?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
That was fun...thanks to Doyle for moderating and thanks for the comments, both critical and praise... I cant wait to get my Original Jillbeans painted panel..thanks to her and those who put up the prizes too...

On the .gif... I did all the frames and effects in Illustrator and then copied and pasted them and animating in Photoshop (using layers to animate). Most of the effects are transparencies, gradually darkening the in certain areas and the deleting them to give the appearance that the sign was turning on. On the stone it was using a blended transparency to do the uplighting. On the flashing lights I just randomly deleted lights on each frame. I was trying to get a smoother blend from daylight to night but the file was getting to big and I was running out of time so I had to hold off. Once the sign was designed, it took around 2 hours to make the frames, add effects and animate it...it would have been less but my computer is a bit slow.

I uploaded a a .pdf of the animaton file if anyone is interested, beware it is almost 5 mgs and I'm pretty sure parts of it will bitmap because of the transparencies.

http://iamglak.com/eddie-mate-low-fi.pdf

Baz

Awesome! Congrats to the winners, participants and people who offered up gifts! That was a cool contest ... It was verry hard to pick a favorite. :thumb: