• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design-Off #4 VOTING Take 2

Design Off #4 Best Design

• Entry #1

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Entry #2

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Entry #3

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Entry #4

• Entry #5

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Entry #6

Votes: 51 43.2%
  • Entry #7

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • Entry #8

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Entry #9

• Entry #10

Votes: 17 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I think you have a point in staying close to the parameters to keep it on an even playing field. But you have to know some sly devil will try to find a loophole to push the limits of the design.

By the way, my favorite is #10. I like the fact that the "R" and triangle hangs out. When I was learning about design a mentor took me to a sign and asked to stare at it. His point was, it's an inclination to look at it straight on, a lot signs are not usually viewed head on. Part of the fun is adding dimensional elements to add visual interest at every point of view. Occasially backward elements add to that, especially if thicknesses are complimentary. #10 is unapologetic about it, hang the "R" out, why not, I personally like that. (and the free beer doesn't hurt either)

Service Sign Co

All seriousness aside, It is a good idea to have some participation in these projects, being that it is entertaining and helpful, no one that participates expects to get anything. I am actually surprised that the members have kept it going this long:thumb: