• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Designjet 5500ps UV Firmware

jmace

I have spent a great deal of time searching for answers to this and have not had any luck on here with previous posts I have been able to find or on google. I got this designjet 5500ps UV used for cheap and had to do some maintenance to get it up and running but nothing major. It prints good quality but I have been getting calibration errors that the service manual says relates to firmware issues and the recommended remedy is to upgrade the firmware. In the menu option on the printer it says the firmware is version S.06.XX. On the HP site the latest firmware is S.56.XX. I have tried using the webservices access to update the firmware and it shows it connecting to the printer and uploading the firmware then goes to saying "Processing Firmware" and it just hangs on that on the web access. The printer never shows any signs of actually getting the firmware update sent to it and it eventually goes into sleep mode. I have left it on the "Processing Firmware" for over an hour on my latest attempts but it never advances any further. If anyone has any experience with updating the firmware on this machine any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I don't know if it is related to the same issue as with the firmware update but I cannot get the printer to accept any new media profiles either. Those show that they are successfully loaded onto the printer but they never show up in the menu as an option for media types.

jmace

I have spent a great deal of time searching for answers to this and have not had any luck on here with previous posts I have been able to find or on google. I got this designjet 5500ps UV used for cheap and had to do some maintenance to get it up and running but nothing major. It prints good quality but I have been getting calibration errors that the service manual says relates to firmware issues and the recommended remedy is to upgrade the firmware. In the menu option on the printer it says the firmware is version S.06.XX. On the HP site the latest firmware is S.56.XX. I have tried using the webservices access to update the firmware and it shows it connecting to the printer and uploading the firmware then goes to saying "Processing Firmware" and it just hangs on that on the web access. The printer never shows any signs of actually getting the firmware update sent to it and it eventually goes into sleep mode. I have left it on the "Processing Firmware" for over an hour on my latest attempts but it never advances any further. If anyone has any experience with updating the firmware on this machine any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I don't know if it is related to the same issue as with the firmware update but I cannot get the printer to accept any new media profiles either. Those show that they are successfully loaded onto the printer but they never show up in the menu as an option for media types.
I got it straightened out. The printer was going into sleep mode too fast I guess. I turned off the sleep mode completely and was able to update the firmware then turn the sleep mode back on. Once the firmware was properly updated the media profiles are now uploading to the printer fine.