• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Difference in Overprint, Overlap on fills, Overlap off fills

Will308decals

Hello, earlier I was printing using my Gerber edge and I am not very knowledgeable within the omega software. But I was making some football helmet decals and had to overlap black on a couple images and the black didn't overlap very well. I am unsure as of why but I thought it might have something to do with the overlapping settings. So can someone explain to me the difference in Overlap on fills, Over print on fills, and Overlap/print off fills? And which would you recommend me using when printing black over another foil? (I am printing on convex vinyl)

Thank you,
Will

Adam.Foster

When you want a color to overlap another color turn onOVERlap. When you have a color overlapping multiple colors turn on Overprint. 90% of the time overlap will work. When it doesn't turn on overprint

So if you have a red box and want black text to overlap it, turn on overlap for the black text. This will make the red box print solid and the text will print ontop (overlapping the red)

If you didnt use overlap the red box would print with the text knocked out, leaving it white if printing on white vinyl. The black would then print into the knocked out area leaving a small gap between the red and black.

Will308decals

When you want a color to overlap another color turn onOVERlap. When you have a color overlapping multiple colors turn on Overprint. 90% of the time overlap will work. When it doesn't turn on overprint

So if you have a red box and want black text to overlap it, turn on overlap for the black text. This will make the red box print solid and the text will print ontop (overlapping the red)

If you didnt use overlap the red box would print with the text knocked out, leaving it white if printing on white vinyl. The black would then print into the knocked out area leaving a small gap between the red and black.
Thank you Adam, you have helped me with both my issues. I greatly appreciate it!