• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dimensional signage ideas for Sheriff badge?

ExtremeG Alamosa

So I our local county SO has asked for a sign for their wall. I'm thinking of taking their badge and somehow making a dimensional sign out of it. I thought about foam from Peachtree, but they are saying it would be too detailed at 30"diameter. It can't be too shiny as it'll be the backdrop for photos.... Maybe brushed brass for the yellow? Acrylic for some of the colored portions?? I can't make this in house so I'll have to farm it out to someone... Any ideas would be helpful. TIA!

Capture.PNG

John_Smith

Enjoying retirement in Central Florida
Edit: What is your time frame for R&D and then production ?
I'm a big fan of Dimensional when it comes to official signage such as Law Enforcement badges.
work up some "options" for the client that is within your skill sets - or, farm it out to a CNC shop and you do all the finishing.
Rule #1 = If the project is not within your skill sets, and it is too expensive for you to search around for the "best deal" this is when you humbly pass. Government offices have thieir own purchasing departments for jobs like this.

I guess anything will be better than what they have now, huh.
Alamosa Co..jpg

Last edited:

JBurton

Signtologist
Ask peachtree to just make a void for the central red circle area, and do that as a print or something. Or even call someone like howard industries to print part or all of it with raised ink. I think a combination of the two would be pretty sick, though you'd want to make sure the finishes are either both glossy or similar matte.

visual800

I would cut background out of 1/2" pvc and then paint it all other elemnts would be 1/4" acrylic, center decal would be digitally printed and place don sign. I would use https://eliteletters.com to cut everything and then you put it together