• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discharge & Wash JV33

stickermonkey

Hello;

I have had my JV 33 for just over 1 year now and I've had great results with it so far. A little bit of a learning curve for me as most of my experience is with pre-press and design. I'm enjoying my work with the machine and find that the quality of the output is just as good as what I've seen from the higher priced ink jets on the market.

That said, I am still learning a lot about maintenance of the machine as I litterally had a 3 hour crash course with the company I bought the machine off of. Anyhow, this may seem like a silly question to those who have a lot of experience, but when you perform a discharge & wash, does the machine litterally discharge all of the inks in a cartridge?? I've been reserved to do this maintenance as I do not want to waste precious expensive inks.

Can someone explain the maintenance regimens and why I have to do each of them so that I can get my head around which ones are most important and when to use the more "problem solving" oriented ones.

fyi...yes I do my daily cleaning and nozzle washes as recommended most of the time.

thanks for your help :eek:) :Canada 2:

alyweka

Discharge and Wash Consume about 47.1 cc from each Cartridge.
Soft Cleaning Consume about 0.3 cc From each Cartdrige.
Normal Cleaning Consume About 1.16 cc From each Cartridge.
Hard Cleaning Consume About 5.8 cc From each Cartridge.
Fill up Ink Consume About 13 cc From each Cartridge.
Nozzle Cleaning Consume Only From Solvent Cleaning Cartridge.

you can post a picture of a test draw and i will tell you what to do.