• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Disposal of old panels

gnubler

Just out of curiousity, anyone know how ACM is recycled? Seems like it would extremely difficult to remove such a thin facing of aluminum, plus it's been painted. I can't see how it would even be worth the effort.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I didn't think ACM was easily recycleable. Good to know, as I'd rather not dump things if I don't have to. Like I said, we're pretty rural and have limited options, which is why I've been stockpiling old sheets.

1000 Triangle Ponderay, ID 83852 | We offer Steel & Recycling services at this location.

PHONE: (208) 263-2584
1-800-256-8303

Call them ask a few questions :)

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Everything can be repurpased. This past year I replaced 22, 8ft panels of ACM, I cut those down to 18"x24" and called all the real estate agents I work with, told them what I have and gave them a great deal on For Sale and Open House direction signs that are wrapped in vinyl. I Banked.

Val47

Thanks Boudica. I know that place and was there last week for a different reason. Pretty sure they don't take ACM and like the county they'll just tell me to take it to the dump.
Well, you just won't know for certain, until you know. Then you don't have to ask. Trash, or find those N. Idaho hunters who need cheap/Free material for blinds. Heck, lot's of ideas have been suggested.

gnubler

This is kind of going off topic, and maybe Gino can chime in...but I don't think I want to send out branded panels into the wilds, could come back to bite me at some point. The panel in question that started this thread is corporate and if it ended up being used in some North Idaho flophouse shanty or hunting stand it might not look good if it got back to me. I don't have time to de-vinyl all these used panels.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Oh god, for that price I'd organize a annual trip to Florida! Is that with the local dump or through a recycling program? Residents can dispose of them at some crazy cheap rate, but they don't even allow commercial entities to dump lamps, period. Hell right now we have probably 300 that we don't have room for in the current round of boxes, they'd kindly piled up during covid... Our cost (I think) is about $100 for 1 box of 40 lamps.
For residential it's free, commercial they charge and give you a receipt of proper disposal. They will take those and batteries but nothing else commercial. We use a service for our other hazardous waste removal.