• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DIY to My Mutoh Prism Jet Extra

S

Sign-Man Signs

After trying to get a rep to come to our shop, I finally gave up and started working the machine myself. Best thing I ever did. Once I downloaded the replace maintenace station from Sign Warehouse trouble shooting page, it was a piece of cake.
Got a ALL Lights error E074 Ycurrent. This happened during a cleaning. After dis-assembling the main cover, I found a loose screw on the Y motor. Tightened it and Holy Crap the thing worked. I also learned that the "Capping Station" is where the nozzles sit so the ink doesn't dry. Ran a cleaning with the cover off and what a show! Also found a bent evac tube, which I fixed.
So here's to the tech's I could never get to come to my shop!:beer

Thanks for saving me a $500.00 service call.

zgraphics

I just bought a prismjet extra and so far just great. My friend is a tech that repairs these machines... Can you tell me some pros and cons about this machine? thanks for any info...

S

Sign-Man Signs

Pro: Great prints
Eco-sol inks
Works well with most software, I like Flexi best
Basically maintenance free other than the usual cleaning
We've had our since 2006, and really no problem from the machine other than what we've screwed up on it.
Easy to adjust colors CMYK our machine
Really easy to work on
Inks last long time per cartridge
The new machines have a wave print technology which is ahead of everyone else.

Cons:
Like basically no real support program other than by phone from Sign Warehouse.
Get the extended warranty when you buy. After that runs out you're on your own.
Have to do a lot of head cleanings to keep it printing right. But then again, most machines are like that.
The price; After tearing mine down to the bare bones, don't how they justify the price.
No print and cut.

zgraphics

on one of the cons, the print and cut...I'm able to cut contour cuts with my plotter.. I have a ultrapro vinly express plotter..We ran a test print and cut for some lables a customer wanted and works great.. and thanks alot for the pros and the cons...zgraphics chris