• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DOA Printer from (now unresponsive) Out of State Broker - Advice on reparations?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I forget the exact order of events, but the signs were sold to a sign company, who sold them to steak n shake, who paid upfront. The sign company strung along the payments for a crazy amount of time before going silent, and sending over a contract offering to pay 1/2 of the outstanding, claiming workmanship issues. By the time we roped in our lawyers, they informed us the time to file a mechanics lien had passed, and that the signs had already been paid for, so it would be turning the hamster wheel for nothing. On top of that, the sign company we had written the contract to was one she purchased, then closed after moving the assets to her own company, so there was 'nothing' to recoup at that point. She actively screwed us over, all while claiming she was suing the previous sign company owner who was 'stealing' his old customers for a national sign company he went to work for in violation of a noncompete, whether any of that was true I couldn't say.
The f*cked up thing was this was one f*cking cool pole sign to put together, and now everytime I think about it I just get all p*ssed off and go off kicking trashcans and the like.
Sounds like this wasn't her first rodeo. Claiming non-payment because of workmanship issues muddys up any sort of collection action. That sucks.