• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Document Color Systems UV-53DTS and UV-84DTS Gen 2 thoughts.....y’all have any about them?

Sigh.......

Does anyone have any experience with either of those models?
Anything at all, negative or positive?

I know the UV-84DTS Gen 1's are not well liked and if they are anything like the 7200z's (of which we have 2) then I can totally feel your pain.
Currently we run 2 DCS 7200z printers for most of the ADA and Tactile we print.

When they work, they are great for small to medium run jobs.

But they are broken almost as much as they run. Combine that with the cost of consumables and they are ... far less great. Well a PITA actually.

Because of that we are looking to upgrade, but the constant problems we have with the 7200z’s cause us to be very very leary of anything DCS (Document Color Systems).

I guess I am just trying to see if the newer machines are any better. We really don’t want to have to pull the Vision engravers back out. The clean up on the applique is just to labor intensive for the volume we do. But since said volume is not the same thing a million times over and over photopolymer is out too. Seriously, the most we tend to get on an order is like 350 and those tend to be room numbers so no 'large' quantities.

I know Mutoh has now licensed the DCS ADA software, but the only printer that offers it so far has a bed that is far to small for what we would like.

So, any thoughts on those printers?