• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Does anyone have print examples of the Roalnd Eco-Sol MAX White inks?

adasteia

I was wondering if anybody had any print examples of the Eco-Sol MAX white inks.

I'm thinking of getting a BN-20 with white ink set up but I haven't been able to find any examples or dealers who have examples of the white ink in my area. I know it's not opaque or anything but the only pictures I was able to find were ones where people were having issues with the white ink. I'd love to see an issue-free example on clear or coloured media before I make a decision.

Thanks in advance and happy New Years everyone!

Ultraman

Ultraman
I was wondering if anybody had any print examples of the Eco-Sol MAX white inks.

I'm thinking of getting a BN-20 with white ink set up but I haven't been able to find any examples or dealers who have examples of the white ink in my area. I know it's not opaque or anything but the only pictures I was able to find were ones where people were having issues with the white ink. I'd love to see an issue-free example on clear or coloured media before I make a decision.

Don't do it, super slow desktop machine and you cannot do anything in service mode e.g head alignment or print head change because you need a password to get into service mode and service technician didn't like BN20 as you need to open up all covers to do even simple repair. Good luck to your dealer technician to come to your help but you can tell your customers to pick up their job in two to three weeks time. Everything work against you.

hobbymad

I love my bn20, great starter machine and perfect for small runs for a small business doing their own branding, merch etc. It's a bit too slow for production though, but OP didn't state they were opening a print shop. The white does require a bit more maintenance - I do a power clean each week to flush it out. It's much much slower to print cmyk over white as well so something to bear in mind for any scaled up printing.

adasteia

I love my bn20, great starter machine and perfect for small runs for a small business doing their own branding, merch etc. It's a bit too slow for production though, but OP didn't state they were opening a print shop. The white does require a bit more maintenance - I do a power clean each week to flush it out. It's much much slower to print cmyk over white as well so something to bear in mind for any scaled up printing.
Thank you, and yes definitely not a print shop! Do you happen to have any pictures of the white? I’d love to see it just to be sure it’s what I want because otherwise I’d save a little money just going for the 20A :)

Robert M

Contact Roland or your dealer, that said, solvent ink white is a failure waiting for you to be a new victim . Get a UV printer, their white inks are excellent, and they won’t clog the heads.

adasteia

Contact Roland or your dealer, that said, solvent ink white is a failure waiting for you to be a new victim . Get a UV printer, their white inks are excellent, and they won’t clog the heads.
I would love to one day, but sadly out of my budget money wise and space for now.

Would you recommend mimaki or Roland for UV?

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.

Here are some samples printed on a VS640. And I agree, the ink is very expensive, and prints very slow. As for it being opaque, you can adjust the density of the white ink in VersaWorks.

Attachments

• eZy_watermark_08-11-2019_03-14-15.jpg
    eZy_watermark_08-11-2019_03-14-15.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 202
  • eZy_watermark_08-11-2019_03-14-51.jpg
    eZy_watermark_08-11-2019_03-14-51.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 174
  • eZy_watermark_08-11-2019_03-18-08.jpg
    eZy_watermark_08-11-2019_03-18-08.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 176

dweavers

Love my BN-20, I think it's a mis understood machine by many , but take the time to really learn it's capabilities, as a decal printer it is excellent, slow maybe but quality is what I am after, doesn't disappoint

Attachments

• 16412368718084170365889928265391.jpg
    16412368718084170365889928265391.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 163
  • 16412369164146705448736906749402.jpg
    16412369164146705448736906749402.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 159
  • 1641236944599324702556703741912.jpg
    1641236944599324702556703741912.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 171

binki

Don't do it unless you print white all day long. We have had success printing colors on clear without white. Our white channels have cleaner carts in them now.

vondegroot

I owned a BN-20 for a year, but didn't have white. However it was a stellar machine with great print quality. You just gotta get to know it, like any machine ;)
The thing that bugged me the most was the weird clamps / guides. I removed those things after a few days.

hobbymad

I owned a BN-20 for a year, but didn't have white. However it was a stellar machine with great print quality. You just gotta get to know it, like any machine ;)
The thing that bugged me the most was the weird clamps / guides. I removed those things after a few days.
Hi Von, I can relate - those clamps can be annoying at times, especially with thicker media! May I ask what you replaced them with?

vondegroot

Hi Von, I can relate - those clamps can be annoying at times, especially with thicker media! May I ask what you replaced them with?
I took off the black chunky guides and the clamps and put them in a box! Never needed them again until I sold it. I think the trick is to have enough vinyl coming out the front of the machine so it lays down.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

hobbymad

I took off the black chunky guides and the clamps and put them in a box! Never needed them again until I sold it. I think the trick is to have enough vinyl coming out the front of the machine so it lays down.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
Ah complete removal...not really an option for me as I use the thicker media and sometimes, especially near the end of the roll, it curls up like mad. Thanks anyway!