• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone here know where to get LOW tack application tape?

SCDesign

All I can seem to find is high/medium tack when it comes to application/transfer tape. I'm trying to find the lowest tack tape that I can for large vinyl paint masks, but I'm hitting a wall. Everything we try is sticking way more aggressively than we'd like. Has anyone been able to find a product with a lower tack?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Cobalt carries the 3M SCPM-3 it's a low tack transfer tape, not sure if it would work for your process though.

unclebun

Grimco, Fellers, N. Glantz, pretty much all major sign supply companies carry low tack application tape.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
No problem, I would recommend getting a sample first, so that you can make sure it would work for you before buying a full roll.

Dan360

I would consider SCPM3 as a medium tack, we use it as our go to premask. Grimco's house brand used to be really low tack, so much so that it caused us problems during install.

unclebun

Pretty much every application tape manufacturer has a low, medium, and high tack. You just have to ask for the one you want when you buy it. It's not rocket science, no secret products.

Inks

It may not be rocket science but their are specific products for paintmask. Not applications tapes but actual Paintmask.

unclebun

Maybe your idea of a paintmask is different from mine, but we don't have any trouble at all with the application tape we use on paintmask--and we typically use the same high tack appliucation that we use for sign vinyl.

Inks

Last edited: