• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone understand Orafol's numbering system?

taggianto

Legitimate question: does Orafol's numbering system, specifically for Orajet products (digital media) have any rhyme or reason to it? I can't wrap my head around it.

At the moment we use a lot of 3M 40c simply because that's the vinyl our largest client prefers, and so we tend to have it around. But we know it's overkill for things like simple temp signs or decals. So we've been doing research into switching to Orajet - but they have so many different products with confusing numbers that all seem to have very little difference between them. Can anyone shed some light onto all this?

Thanks!

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Legitimate question: does Orafol's numbering system, specifically for Orajet products (digital media) have any rhyme or reason to it? I can't wrap my head around it.

At the moment we use a lot of 3M 40c simply because that's the vinyl our largest client prefers, and so we tend to have it around. But we know it's overkill for things like simple temp signs or decals. So we've been doing research into switching to Orajet - but they have so many different products with confusing numbers that all seem to have very little difference between them. Can anyone shed some light onto all this?

Thanks!
Ask your sales rep for an information booklet from Orafol. All manufacturers have them. They typically show in a grid format all the features, benefits, specs, etc on all the different available films. As well as use cases, like “wall graphics”, “floor graphics”, etc. 3551 or 3651 is probably most similar to 40c.

taggianto

Ask your sales rep for an information booklet from Orafol. All manufacturers have them. They typically show in a grid format all the features, benefits, specs, etc on all the different available films. As well as use cases, like “wall graphics”, “floor graphics”, etc. 3551 or 3651 is probably most similar to 40c.
We do have the book, but to be honest it makes it more confusing. There are just so many options with very similar names, I can't keep them straight.