• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone use Corel with a Roland vg2?

I cant seem to get my printer to print the correct colors. I have installed the Roland color library into Corel (x6). And when I choose a color from the library it prints whatever it wants. I had a few designs that the color showed up correctly in Versaworks, but I dont know how or why. I have tried playing with all the color settings that you get when you save as a PDF, and cant get it to work Nevermind trying to figure out how to get the Orange color library to load into Corel. It seems Rolands likes Illistrator better, and so does my Roland tech. He could not get it to work either.

Ronny Axelsson

If the color management settings and profiles are the same in both Draw and Illustrator, and all export settings are too (sounds like you are printing via PDF), the result should also be almost identical from both.
Draw X6 is old and Corel did a color management update many years ago, but I believe it was already in X5 so it should work fine in X6.
Haven't used Versaworks in a decade but can't remember having any difficulties getting it right.

Sorry I cannot offer more than this.

HLC

Boy that would be great to know the answer! I have the same problem that you are having with Corel, export with PDF to VG540.

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
I use Corel Draw X7 on a Roland SC-540. My colors were not good a few years ago and I hired a tech to come in and calibrate my monitors, Rip program, etc to produce colors correctly

Joe House

When exporting from Corel (or Illustrator) there is often a setting to convert spot colors to CMYK. If that is selected, you're no longer working in spot colors which defeats the purpose of the Roland color library. This is the first hurdle.
Then in Versaworks, on the File format tab of the Queue Default settings (this will not be available in job settings after you import the file) make sure the Convert Spot Colors is selected. These two items set correctly will allow you to print with Roland Color Library to match the color chart that you printed previously using the same settings on the same material. Charts are media and print mode specific if your very color conscious. (By the way this setting in VW will also allow you to use the Pantone look up tables which will get you close on most colors.
1652455784793.png

Good Luck

emhmotorsports

When exporting from Corel (or Illustrator) there is often a setting to convert spot colors to CMYK. If that is selected, you're no longer working in spot colors which defeats the purpose of the Roland color library. This is the first hurdle.
This very thing just bit me for about an hour when trying to get the perfCut to be recognized in Versaworks from Corel. Strange thing was that even after correcting this, it seemed that I needed to restart Versaworks to get it to finally pick up on it in the file - like there was a setting being held for whatever reason.