• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone use this style of rotary trimmer?

Forty One

I have a job coming up shortly and I need to do a bit of trimming.
Does anyone use one of these for vinyl cutting? either SAV on its own, or laminated SAV?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We used to use one for years before getting an electric trimmer/Fotoba, but these things are fine for SAV or even SAV + Lam. They're even good enough to trim canvas.
Not sure about the exact one you're looking at but there's barely anything to them, so they should all perform similarly.

Where in Aus are you located? EuroTechTools or TotalImageSupplies sell quality branded models (Neolt) if you want something built to last with a local warranty.

tulsagraphics

We used to use one for years before getting an electric trimmer/Fotoba, but these things are fine for SAV or even SAV + Lam. They're even good enough to trim canvas.
Not sure about the exact one you're looking at but there's barely anything to them, so they should all perform similarly.

Where in Aus are you located? EuroTechTools or TotalImageSupplies sell quality branded models (Neolt) if you want something built to last with a local warranty.
Same here. :) I still use the table top rotary for small stuff, but the Fotoba is sooooooooooo handy!

karst41

I have a job coming up shortly and I need to do a bit of trimming.
Does anyone use one of these for vinyl cutting? either SAV on its own, or laminated SAV?
I use the MBM Triumph

AVOID Rotatrim and Foster Keen cut. RotaTrim 54" Is 54" oh you say your roll of print media is 54.25" Yeah go kick rocks buddy
when the say 54 it is 54.

Both Rota and Foster have flexible clear pressure mats with referance lines.. that aint worff a tinkers dammm.

The MBM is $1200 and is a worthwhile trimmer table for the avarage shop. Its clear rigid Line referances (3) do a respectable job
but if you are going to do a kiss cut i lacks a little, but you dang sho aint doing that on the Foster or Rota. not a chance buddy boy
A laser referance would have been nice and I have one from a guitine cutter that I will retro fit.

None of these come with locking casters. Big whoop, just go to a big box and buy some.

What sux on all of these is there are NO Media holders for roll media.
Some have a cheap flimsey option. Dont waste you mon Ey. Make One you own self

Now If you have an old POS Graphtec FC 7000-130 KEEP THE STAND AND MOUNTING BRACKETS,
A MBM Triumph retrofitted to a Graphtec FC 54" Plotter stand is GOLD ! Sccratch that,, its Pure Paladium!
You print a whole 54x50 roll of square labels with a 0.01 spacing and throw that roll onto the Graphtec
media rollers and over the top into the throat of the MBM.

My Boy a 50yd Roll of 3" x 5" Lables will trim down in less than 3 hours and 90 minutes in the gulitine cutter.
You are wrapping and Packing before Lunch.. Are you F' N kidding me????? I am a 41 year Veteran in Graphics
I double dawg dare you to try to beat my time. If you think you can, Yeagh Uh huh Suuuuure you can,,,,,,,,,,NOT!

I chit you not man MBM Triumph/Graphtec FC-130 Plotter Stand/ any cheapo Laser guide mounted/
like that guy on Youtube who cooks the Cajun Food Says,,,,,,,,, Duuuude, Thats MO NEY.

These trimmer tables are gold for shipping out your jobs... Looks like was produced at a Factory,,, Your Factory.

Cheers

Attachments

• triumph-new.jpg
    triumph-new.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Kutrimmer Old.png
    Kutrimmer Old.png
    309.2 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
Absolutely worth getting one (but make sure it's a quality brand - I like the Dahle for what it's worth). I've had one for about 5 years now, cut about 200+ synthetic paper posters on it every week, SAV, SAV + Lam and I'm still using the original rotary blade. If you're planning on cutting a lot of vinyl then make sure you clean the blade and cutting edge often!