• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does Speed Kill?

ikarasu

We use our credit cards for all purchases a d pay it off as well.

The owner of the cimony has taken his family of four to Aspens and Europe for free just on points. All our sales rep goto pretty much every trade show, all for free.

When you're spending hundreds of thousands a month... Using cash just isn't worth it.... There's too many perks to take advantage off when using a credit card... So long as you don't spend over budget.

Even if you don't care about airfare. Say you spend $100,000 a month. A 2% cash back card gives you $2000 per month free cash (if there's no cash limit) so once your company is doing big scale purchases.... Why not put it on all cards?

Now if you're maxing your credit card to stay afloat and paying 20% interest rate... That's when you have a problem. Otherwise it's a smart business decision to utilize whatever rewards you can for every purchase.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Notarealsignguy, your talking to someone who got PPP money and had a 800 credit score with tons of available credit, and who's business was not effected in a negative way, he was looking at hiring people. That should tell you who Christian is at 2CT

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We use our credit cards for all purchases a d pay it off as well.

The owner of the cimony has taken his family of four to Aspens and Europe for free just on points. All our sales rep goto pretty much every trade show, all for free.

When you're spending hundreds of thousands a month... Using cash just isn't worth it.... There's too many perks to take advantage off when using a credit card... So long as you don't spend over budget.

Even if you don't care about airfare. Say you spend $100,000 a month. A 2% cash back card gives you $2000 per month free cash (if there's no cash limit) so once your company is doing big scale purchases.... Why not put it on all cards?

Now if you're maxing your credit card to stay afloat and paying 20% interest rate... That's when you have a problem. Otherwise it's a smart business decision to utilize whatever rewards you can for every purchase.

I think this is "Cash" according to what most people think of when they say pay in cash. It's not that you stack $100 bills, it's that you are able to pay for the product outright, without floating it on credit over longer periods of time. The method of payment doesn't really matter, it's how fast you pay it off.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I don't quite understand 22+ months of sitting dead in the water ?? What took so long as to go another route at 2 months and sue the b@st@ads ?? You could've been way ahead of the game almost 2 years ahead of schedule.

Anyway, this proves my original comment of these threads/posts being emotional outbursts more than fact(s). Sure, you have some facts, but only because of a technical hiccup. Had that hiccup not happened, you'd be back with some other printer, not knowing any better.

However, when and if we are to get a new flatbed, it will be a VanGuard. No one I would trust more than Dave. He's top notch in my book. :thumb:
We took all avenues possible but Suing Grimco and HP would be futile for my company and counter productive. We worked all avenues then jumped ship to a company that cares significantly.

Christian @ 2CT Media

That is about the most asinine thing that I have ever heard, it sounds straight out of an infomercial to attend their get rich classes. You're following idiocy that is out to sell books or whatever crap they are peddling. What are you talking about that credit is utilized to maximize your interest generating cash? You aren't borrowing money at a lower cost than the bank is paying.
What gets you credit in business is a clean balance sheet, cash in the bank, experience, no judgments and nice tight receivables. On a personal level, banks like to see available credit but not over utilized. When they see the credit report and here are 5 credit cards all showing a high equal to the limit, you look pretty scary, paid off or not. Slow and steady plus solid fundamentals will get you where you need to go.
Good luck with that, I've done this for 11 years of my business and 15 years of my personal life and never had below a 740. We borrow money for 45 days and pay it back interest free. Why empty cash stores that are making you money before you have to?

Christian @ 2CT Media

When the little (compared to the Hugh machines of today) first came out the produced vinyl faster that a sign painter could produce a 4c8 board. Then the Edge by Gerber, then pigment and solvent printer of a larger size to produce sheet and roll full color graphics to make signs at speeds faster than cutting vinyl. Then flatbeds of bigger and bigger sizes. So bigger is faster? Seems to be that’s how it works.
To an extent it's how it is becoming.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Notarealsignguy, your talking to someone who got PPP money and had a 800 credit score with tons of available credit, and who's business was not effected in a negative way, he was looking at hiring people. That should tell you who Christian is at 2CT
Yeah, someone who is handed a gift and doesn't say no... If our government, who takes from me constantly, tells me here is the criteria and you can have it back, why would you say no?

My goal in business is to grow this business to stabaly support those in and around my business. We have also given thousands of dollars away in free signs to struggling businesses and did all that coro at well below normal to support our school students and community. We also produce stuff at hard cost for our local "competitors" when their machines go down, and open our shop to them when they need access to clean wrap bays or help.

I don't look a gift horse in the mouth and then punch it. After spending years of building this business, I won't leave anything to chance and if the "analysts" are right, us taking the PPP just bought us time when the whole economy implodes to ride it out.

Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Good luck with that, I've done this for 11 years of my business and 15 years of my personal life and never had below a 740. We borrow money for 45 days and pay it back interest free. Why empty cash stores that are making you money before you have to?
Thats not a good credit score for one. 45 days? So you’re a slow pay on top of it all. What credit card gives you 45 days? Or are you paying your credit card off with more borrowed money? 11 years, whoopty do! The economy has been on the up virtually that entire time, tell me how it goes when it’s actually hard to make money.
People read these things for ideas and advice and this is terrible business guidance. Maxing out revolving credit is the roadmap to going under plus they are typically personally tied. Using vendor accounts gives you power over any invoice disputes, its free money, youre not personally liable for it (dont sign PGs) and theres no interest. You have total control over cash flow. You don’t with a credit card balance.
So you got PPP to get more time to ride it out? What’s the worry? If you saved a little money over those years of building rather than buying and making these lateral equipment purchases youd have nothing to worry about.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yeah, someone who is handed a gift and doesn't say no... If our government, who takes from me constantly, tells me here is the criteria and you can have it back, why would you say no?

My goal in business is to grow this business to stabaly support those in and around my business. We have also given thousands of dollars away in free signs to struggling businesses and did all that coro at well below normal to support our school students and community. We also produce stuff at hard cost for our local "competitors" when their machines go down, and open our shop to them when they need access to clean wrap bays or help.

I don't look a gift horse in the mouth and then punch it. After spending years of building this business, I won't leave anything to chance and if the "analysts" are right, us taking the PPP just bought us time when the whole economy implodes to ride it out.

You had to of lied on some of those questions if everything with your business was honky dory. You shopped all over your three banks trying to get that money.

bannertime

When the little (compared to the Hugh machines of today) first came out the produced vinyl faster that a sign painter could produce a 4c8 board. Then the Edge by Gerber, then pigment and solvent printer of a larger size to produce sheet and roll full color graphics to make signs at speeds faster than cutting vinyl. Then flatbeds of bigger and bigger sizes. So bigger is faster? Seems to be that’s how it works.

Yup. Not only is bigger faster, HP specifically makes bigger machines faster with better print quality. An HP 1500, can produce a job, that would take our HP 330 6-7 hours to print, in under 2 hours. With potentially better results. AND cheaper ink.

Andy D

Yup. Not only is bigger faster, HP specifically makes bigger machines faster with better print quality. An HP 1500, can produce a job, that would take our HP 330 6-7 hours to print, in under 2 hours. With potentially better results. AND cheaper ink.
I ran a 10' HP latex about 10 years ago that I hated, it literally took at least 20 minutes to change media & it usually took two people.
Media change out is now in the top three of concerns for me when choosing a printer, above print speed.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

bannertime

I ran a 10' HP latex about 10 years ago that I hated, it literally took at least 20 minutes to change media & it usually took two people.
Media change out is now in the top three of concerns for me when choosing a printer, above print speed.

I 100% agree. But 20 minutes to save 4-5 hours ain't bad either. I haven't really looked at new grand format machines, so I wonder if loading has gotten any easier than something like the LX 850.

rawjahprintshop

yes right now i have a sg2-300 and for isntance this job i have right now is 400 stickers. there logos take 30 mins right on the dot to cut 27 x 46 on my graphtec.

things speed up and slow down all based on the artwork as well. the intricacy, how many curves and times its slows down to cut parts of a decal, x's that by 400 it can add up.

cutting circles, rectangles and squares for comparison would probably print 5-8 mins quicker, approx guess, but it would be able to run max speed the whole time since its not
cutting all these tiny corners if that makes sense