• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Doming resin and Mutoh ink

KPNZ

KPEngraver
Hi, is any one on here using doming resin over Mutoh inks especially Mutoh US11?
I've recently changed from Mutoh LUH1 to Mutoh US11 with disastrous results when using my resin for doming, I've never had a problem at all using a polyurethane resin over the LUH1 but now have bubbling and what appears to be possibly a chemical reaction, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Snydo

I have seen this, long story short...make sure your print profiles are dialed in and not laying too much ink and let it dry two or three days before cutting/doming.

Vassago

Hi, is any one on here using doming resin over Mutoh inks especially Mutoh US11?
I've recently changed from Mutoh LUH1 to Mutoh US11 with disastrous results when using my resin for doming, I've never had a problem at all using a polyurethane resin over the LUH1 but now have bubbling and what appears to be possibly a chemical reaction, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
That's an easy one - the polyurethane is reacting to water - just make sure you're not laying down too much ink and everything is completely dry - could even be the substrate is slightly damp.

If it still reacts - spray laquer should isolate it - just try on a small sample first

Sindex Printing

I have had a similar issue with layer printing on certain materials.

First thing I did was made sure my profiles were completely dialed in. (Which helped some but didn't completely solve all the issues.)

I am having to run humidifiers and the substrate was absorbing to much water. I started pretreating wood with a stain pretreatment and the other materials I would wipe down with 99% alcohol to pull moisture out.

So far this has helped me out a lot when I don't have the couple extra days to let the sit