• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Doming with liquid lens

Sticker Dude

I have been watching Liquid Lens on youtube a few days now just wondering if it can be done with resin from home depot

CentralSigns

SignEQUIP sells the stuff. But they want $427 for a starter kit. For this price I was hoping it was something that was all the rage.

sjm

SignEQUIP sells the stuff. But they want $427 for a starter kit. For this price I was hoping it was something that was all the rage.

Did a few X-Banners with Doming, we earned some good money. It seems to be drawing attention. Lenticular now that was difficult.

CES020

No need to spend the big money just yet. If you want to try it out, try these people : http://www.deco-coat.com/doming.html They sell the different doming epoxies, UV curable, Non-UV curable, etc. They used to send free samples out. The free samples are enough to do quite a bit. The air drying is very slow. Takes a good 24 hours to cure, which can be a pain. The UV is faster but you'll have to have UV lights to cure it. I built a UV light setup but never had too much luck with that while just playing around with the stuff. Not sure if I mixed it wrong on what, but my best luck was with the air drying product. You'll also need to hit each one with a little flame to get rid of all the tiny bubbles, if you're just playing around with it.

CES020

Digital, my link is to those folks. Apparently they have moved their dome epoxies over to that site. If you go to epoxies.com and look under doming materials, it links you to that site.