• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double cuts?

The Giraffe

My SP 300 seems to be doubling up on the cut paths. The second seems to be about 1/32" outside the first. It doesn't happen out of X3 but happens when using Illustrator out of Photoshop.

All settings are hairline and test cuts on machine work well.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

GK

sounds like there are two cutpaths it is reading and one is slightly larger than the other. Are you creating the contour line in PS and importing it into Illustrator?

3CGraphics

happens to me when I import between programs - somehow 2 outlines get created or imported - can you break it apart - then click once and delete? I bet there is another exact path there.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This is an ongoing problem with Adobe Illustrator files which is addressed by a freeware Javascript you can download HERE.

Last edited:

The Giraffe

This is an ongoing problem with Adobe Illustrator files which is addressed by a freeware Javascript you can download HERE.

Perfect.

That's the kind of answer that makes me want to buy Express Clip Art files.

Thanks Fred...and others.

Now if I can just get my sheet cutter working.