• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Double Sided Printing Golf Balls - Flatbed

Alfred Bean

Hello All,

I use a Jetrix 2513FQ for printing on golf balls, we have a jig that holds 217 at one time (not the most convenient quantity) and we've had some enquiries for double sided printing.

This is absolutely fine, the only problem is, we can't think of the best way to flip the balls to be printed on the back without having to manually rotate each ball (doing this for quantities of more than 6000 per order could be frustrating).

All we can think of is to buy another identical jig, place that on top and sandwich the balls, rotate them and take the jig off; but I was hoping some more experienced printers than me might have some helpful insight into this.

Thanks all.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I have no experience with this but I think clamping another jig to the first then flipping might be feasible.

Otherwise, could you possible roll/drag something across the balls to rotate them 180 degrees? Not very scientific but could work with some testing.

Superior_Adam

you could build something that sandwiches them between two pieces. Then you would have to figure out a way to mount it with pins to register it. Rolling them in large quantities wont work as there is no way to get them all to rotate the same. When we do double sided we charge quite a bit more for the extra labor involved in setting up the second side.