• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DTG or Print&Cut with ES inks?

fresh

Which is more durable? Direct to garment or printing on sihl t-printz with my mimaki using ES3 inks?

We've been doing more and more full color heat press shirts, and honestly, i'd rather send it out. BUT I have shirts that I made myself with T-Printz that have been washed at least 50 times and still look good... i mean, they look worn, but 100% still wearable.

I'll be printing on dark shirts, I don't know if that makes a difference in feel and longevity.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks!

Mike_Koval

when printing on dark shirts with DTG, pretreatment is the most important step for a long lasting print. print/cut materials have very good track record when it comes to durability as long as proper printing profile and heat press settings are correct.

if you take the proper steps in either method, both will have great results.

2B

we have tried several different DTG vendors as we wanted to get away from the large "patch" feel when doing large area coverage, and we always come back to doing it in-house with our Roland Eco-Sol on printed heat vinyl as the DTG shirts we have done will not last as long or peel off the shirts when compared to the heat vinyl.

Toby

Which is more durable? Direct to garment or printing on sihl t-printz with my mimaki using ES3 inks?

We've been doing more and more full color heat press shirts, and honestly, i'd rather send it out. BUT I have shirts that I made myself with T-Printz that have been washed at least 50 times and still look good... i mean, they look worn, but 100% still wearable.

I'll be printing on dark shirts, I don't know if that makes a difference in feel and longevity.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks!
about 10 years ago I purchased a DTG Kiosk and used long enough to recoup my initial investment and covered the expenses of using it, BUT if I had it to do all over I would not have put my money into it. Mine at least seemed to be HIGH maintenance and slow to operate. I do have a mimaki and have No issues with printing film and heat applying, modern films last as long as most t's. Printing on white , ash gray and pastels was fine. Never had great success with under coat and white ink.