• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help DX5 problem

ppnai

Hello guys,
I have a Chinese eco solvent printer with dx5 printhead , i have install it 5 months ago it was working just fine , i turned off the machine and the next morning when i turn it on it start print all colors together , i changed the with no luck.
I attached photos for check nozzles and image print.
Any suggestions please

Attachments

• WA0064.jpg
    WA0064.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 527
  • WA0015.jpg
    WA0015.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 300
  • WA0052.jpg
    WA0052.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 309

Attila Nagy

It happens when your pump blocked and left liquid in the capping station. The ink could move back and get mixed mixed in the dampers.

Dangreenst

I've had quite a bit of experience with Chinese printers they are unpredictable. Good idea changing the cable generally this is a electrical issue could be the printhead or the slider board.

When this happens it is due to a bad cable or a bad signal. If you have already changed the flex cable and you have the same problem, I think the next step is the head, if it were a slider problem, it would not print anything.

when you changed the flex cable did it have ink ???

ppnai

Thank you guys for your help
Yes when i changed the cable i found some inks on the connection but i cleaned it well before installing the new one
I will try to change the dampers to see if it will work if not i will change the head
Thanks again

Hello
okay when you have ink some of the connections inside the head are not allowing the cable to connect properly. That's why it prints a single color in full ... what I have done is clean the inside of the head with alcohol to remove the ink and let the cable have a good contact ...

You have to be very careful because if it gets wet with alcohol and you turn on the machine you can cause a short circuit.
you have to determine if it is worth the risk
A: You can solve the problem just by cleaning and changing another data cable
B. Or you may short-circuit and damage the printhead and some board
these are the possible consequences.

ppnai

Hello, thank you for your help.
I've tried everything before i change the print head but it didn't work, now I changed the head but I'm having another weird problem, the nozzles are good for all colors and the color bar is perfect next to the image but the image itself is missing magenta color , i change the file same problem , if i make CMYK file and print it , is perfect the 4 colors only if I'm printing an image the magenta color is not printing

Mike Comeau

if i make CMYK file and print it , is perfect the 4 colors only if I'm printing an image the magenta color is not printing
I've experienced something like this before. If memory serves me correctly, it was a Flexi/Windows driver issue, I'm thinking ICC profiles got messed up.
Also, if you can do a clean test print (meaning the correct colors on all heads) from the printer control panel (not the computer) then it's probably not the printer...

ppnai

Thanks for everyone,
After all I changed all the dampers with new ink in the tanks and I change the flex cable now my machine is perfect.
Thanks a lot