• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ebay vinyl?

steriltech

Hi All,
I have to ask this first? Dose anyone here buy vinyl off ebay?? There are 2 guys who sell lots of vinyl mostly 12x50 yard rolls. Were do they get all that vinyl from? I personally would like to know..hubba hubba.I did ask but it's a ancient chinese secret.

Funny that they don't cut but know were to get all the vinyl from...anyone here know where they are getting it from????:wink: or dose anyone one here buy in bulk..Just wanted to ask.

ChicagoGraphics

You can buy vinyl from China, next to nothing "if" you by it by the truck load.
But then again it's probably the cheapest stuff you can get.
I saw at one of the major sign shows, a China company offering digital banner media 14oz., 10 rolls for the price of 1 roll of say Ultraflex sold here.
But then again there was a 1000 roll min. plus shipping cost

imaSIGNr

Probably outdated , overstocked, discontinued, factory seconds. split rolls, low quality, off brand items

Sign Prophet

I always wondered myself where the two guys in new jersey get the vinyl that they sell on e-Bay. I have bought one roll from one of the guys. It was a 12 inch by 50 yard roll of 3m sapphire blue. I got it for like twelve bux. It was one of those spontanious prchases. Damned E-bay!!!

mladams7259

If your talking about ttcdistribution and stickerman5000 they get their vinyl from FDC films. Most of it is either FDC, 3M, or Avery. Those 12" rolls are cutoffs from larger rolls and they get them weekly directly from FDC. Ive bought a few specialty films and specific colored films from them in the past. They have all been fresh and in excellent shape. I spoke with one of them and they promised that they were all fresh rolls from the factory. I was pleased.

I get some diamond grade from paper street plastics on ebay. It has been good to me so far. I recently bought a roll of 24"x30 white gloss. It weeds really well and seems like decent enough vinyl, but time will tell.

Geary

Wellllllll.........???

Ewwww......eBay. All I can ever think of when I think eBay is, "old radios and car parts." :tongue:

Honestly, the thought of getting anything sign-related gives me the willies. I mean, c'mon guys, we've all heard the stories about those 300 dollar cutters. It's just stuff that lasts for a year or two (maybe) and that's about it....and FORGET product support in the meantime. So, do you REALLY want to take a chance on film? Dude, I don't think so.....:help:

My point is ....why bother? I can get a 30" X 50 yd. roll of some GREAT intermediate vinyl for a measly hundred bucks at my LOCAL supplier. Do you have any idea how much money I can make off of that roll? Okay, I'll tell ya. In three days, I made over 2 grand on it doing a bunch of 3 inch names that the client installed. And I was about HALF of what it's worth.

~Gear

Checkers

I gotta agree with Geary on this. My reputation is too important to chance saving a few $$ on materials from an unknown source.
The only exception that I've heard of would be Earl Mich. I know they sell some products on E Bay. Maybe there are others, but I don't know of them.

Checkers

Richard Flint

Hi All,
I have to ask this first? Dose anyone here buy vinyl off ebay?? There are 2 guys who sell lots of vinyl mostly 12x50 yard rolls. Were do they get all that vinyl from? I personally would like to know..hubba hubba.I did ask but it's a ancient chinese secret.

Funny that they don't cut but know were to get all the vinyl from...anyone here know where they are getting it from????:wink: or dose anyone one here buy in bulk..Just wanted to ask.

Any professional signmaker on this site buying their vinyl off of e-bay? Gawd, you have to be joking!!

Sign Prophet

Just for the record. It was an impulse type of purchase... I get all of my material from fellers. I still haave not found a use for that roll that I did buy.