• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Eco Solvent Ink vs Clear PSA Vinyl

Carlam

I have a Mutoh Valujet 1324 that uses Eco Solvent Ink. I am trying to print on a PSA Vinyl ( Avery SF 100 Ultra Clear Removable Polyester)
The ink is running/not drying. What am I missing? In the description of the vinyl is says the print compatibility is Latex and UV-curable.
Is this material not printable with Eco Solvent Inks? or is there a setting I am unaware of?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
You pretty much answered your own question. Medias that are Eco-Solvent compatible will state they are. Typically they are compatible due to a coating applied during production. There are many removable clear vinyl's out there that are compatible with your ink set. Oracal has one.

I have a Mutoh Valujet 1324 that uses Eco Solvent Ink. I am trying to print on a PSA Vinyl ( Avery SF 100 Ultra Clear Removable Polyester)
The ink is running/not drying. What am I missing? In the description of the vinyl is says the print compatibility is Latex and UV-curable.
Is this material not printable with Eco Solvent Inks? or is there a setting I am unaware of?
Eco-solvent inks print are able to print to vinyl (self-adhesive or banner) without the need for solvent-coatings. All other medias classes (papers, non-PVC plastics and films, fabrics, etc) require solvent-compatible coatings to print with solvent ink.