• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help EFI H1625 - Carriage dragging while performing sweep

Andre Andrepont

Hey all. 2015 model, new to me and I'm learning a lot about UV with this machine. Today's issue: when I attempt to perform a purge and sweep of the heads, the cleaning station comes up to meet the head but it seems to be coming up too high and pressing hard against the bottom of the carriage. When it begins to sweep, the carriage appears to be dragging against the cleaning station in such a way that it must be damaging the heads. For now I've stopped trying it, which means I have to flush the heads at the beginning of the day before I can start printing. Has anyone seen this? I've checked the carriage height calibration and it seems fine, right at 1.5mm.

Help?

Andre Andrepont

Bump! Still looking for some guidance. I’ve seen another 1625 that raises the carriage before the station comes up to meet it, mine doesn’t do that. Don’t know if that’s a clue.

tbaker

In the back left hand corner of the tray, there is a micro switch, that hits the bottom of the carriage during a sweep. It’s probably down too far allowing the tray to cone up too far. It’s a bit of a pain to adjust, but is possible. Raise the carriage up to the top position and do a purge the tray will come up. Next part you have to be quick, hit an estop, and put something between the top if the table and bottom of the tray. The micro switch has some small screws which you loosen but not remove to adjust. Since it’s coming up too high raise the sensor, tighten everything up, remove your prop, and try again, it’ll probably take a couple tries to get it right.