• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help EFI Pro 16H UV hybrid flatbed - ink on belt

PrintQueen

HELP! We just got our new EFI Pro 16H hybrid flatbed printer installed. I had 3 days of good training, but of course, as soon as my trainer left, I thought i was pretty confident. I printed a white image on a black piece of PVC, the material advanced more than I realized before starting the print, so I accidentally ended up printing about a 6"x24" section of white ink directly onto the belt of the machine. PLEASE help! is there any hope? Can the ink be removed? I'm beside myself - I can't believe i did that! Lesson well-learned, and I will always be using kraft paper under my rigid substrates from here on out.

greysquirrel

its gonna happen a lot. try using adhesive vinyl or tape. Burnish to ink and remove like you are waxing air....the bond of the adhesive vinel/take should be stronger than the bond of the ink to the belt

then scrub with iso

Superior_Adam

some ink on your belt wont hurt anything, we have spots all over ours. I would not put Kraft paper under stuff as it could reduce the amount of suction you have on your substrate. Some stuff it will be fine but more rigid substrates that might have a little curve it could keep it from sucking it down tight.