• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EFI Rastek H650 Drivers - help!

abstring

Hi all, we have a used EFI Rastek H650 that we're trying to get setup. We have it physically ready, but we're having some software issues. It came with Fiery 4.5.x, that we have setup on a fresh computer running Windows 7 32-bit (yikes), but it didn't come with the H650-specific device drivers needed for Fiery to actually talk to the H650. Anyone know where to find these?

I can't find them on EFI's site. I've reached out to EFI, but haven't heard anything useful yet. I'm assuming the printer was supposed to come with maybe a CD that has the drivers on it, but it's long-gone at this point, and the original computer that shipped with the printer had been damaged before I received the printer, hence the new computer setup. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
Setting up from the 4.5 disk dongle, then manual update patches, then print driver, then configuration is a decent checklist of problems if you don't have experience setting up that software. It will fight you each step of the way unfortunately. Do you have an active software support contract with EFI for Fiery? They're not particularly pricey and will get you all updates and turnkey expert help on install and setup. Granted, if you have nothing to start with they really jab you with that intro fee ... everyone loves that! Your only cost-cutting option is to have someone who knows the professional workflow set it up for you and then broker the discount deal with EFI - they will often grandfather you into a support-only contract if they know you won't require a "Professional Services" style setup.

THAT all said. The Rastek is an old unit, so there's a chance you're sitting on a Fiery 4.5 dongle with no updates to properly usable versions. The first few generations of XF were so rough no one in the market used it - so the vast majority of licenses issued were immediately abandoned and are now so outdated that catching up is cost prohibitive. Similarly, if you're investing effort in setting up an XF 4.5 workflow ... you should forget that completely lol.

Wait now that brings up more questions actually. The Rastek line was completely abandoned by EFI - so did you buy that model with no access to OEM or even aftermarket support? AND no software support? And that's not your wrenching expertise? If that's the case, you need to be looking at a strategy for setup and support moving forward.

Let's have some more details on what's going on here and see if any of us can help. Plenty of us saw some Rastek days and a few of us make an effort to be semi-pro's in digital workflow :)

tbaker

As far as I know, the rastek 650/652 are both windows 95 based and aren’t windows 7 compatible.like Michael stated it’s a very old machine.

• Agree
Reactions: Sor

drilon

Hi all,

I need EFI Rastek H650 Control Board. Do you know where can I get it. It doesnt matter if it is used or a new board.

• Agree

Sor

hello every one, i want to try one efi machine, is efi rastek H652 , but the person who sell just lost the dongle , what can we do if this happened? thank you much?

Cruzman

Hi all, we have a used EFI Rastek H650 that we're trying to get setup. We have it physically ready, but we're having some software issues. It came with Fiery 4.5.x, that we have setup on a fresh computer running Windows 7 32-bit (yikes), but it didn't come with the H650-specific device drivers needed for Fiery to actually talk to the H650. Anyone know where to find these?

I can't find them on EFI's site. I've reached out to EFI, but haven't heard anything useful yet. I'm assuming the printer was supposed to come with maybe a CD that has the drivers on it, but it's long-gone at this point, and the original computer that shipped with the printer had been damaged before I received the printer, hence the new computer setup. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
I have an EFI H652 that I am parting out. I have the original computer and dongle. Computer is running windows 7 with Fiery XF. Are you interested? Where are you located?

• Agree

Sor

I have an EFI H652 that I am parting out. I have the original computer and dongle. Computer is running windows 7 with Fiery XF. Are you interested? Where are you located?
NEED TO RASTEK H652 THE EFI XF .... THE ORIGINAL CD IF IS POSSIBLE ! TO REINSTALL IT IN MY PC THANK YOU !

obelisk

NEED TO RASTEK H652 THE EFI XF .... THE ORIGINAL CD IF IS POSSIBLE ! TO REINSTALL IT IN MY PC THANK YOU !
Hello friends! I need the original rastek h652 cd.iso file - I had to reinstall my original computer and everything got lost !

obelisk

I am interested ! i need EFI H652 drivers /the start up disk is best/. Can you help me with that? I will pay you for the lost time . my email is: obelisk_design@abv.bg