• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Emergency Issue, Zund complicated cuth routing path, how to simplify

DoubleDown

Hope all is well. Sorry to bug ya all but have a big last minute issue we are cutting tonight several of these. Customer’s cut file is WAY too complicated, routing on .5” ultraboard. Anyway you all know to simplify the cut path or make it so Zund doesn’t route a bunch of holes? See attached.

Attachments

• 18010 NEW REV hulk_cutlines_sized CUT FILE.PDF
    144.7 KB · Views: 183

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
In Illustrator the simplify path tool will take the 4k nodes down to 400.
Go in and do some edits by hand to remove the self intersecting paths and loops.
set it on a top layer over the original file to make sure the shape did not change enough to goof up the print overlay.
Adjust and it should be good to go.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• routingpath.pdf
    72.1 KB · Views: 148

DoubleDown

Appreciate this but the other problem is when using a routing tool in Zund, you have to make the shape paths the same as the diam of the bit. So if using a 1/8 bit, you have to keep the intersections at least 1/8 round or wide.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Once you have enough of the junk nodes removed you should be able to edit the paths down to what will work with your table.
You are only dealing with 3 paths.
Corel's got a filleting tool that you could set the radius to the bit diameter so all the sharp corner points would be rounded out.
There is most likely a script or add on to Illy that will do the same thing.

wayne k
guam usa

DoubleDown

would you have an email address you can pm me that my designer can send you a couple more to try tonight to see if you can fix them...what you did worked awesome.