• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encad novajet 500s

hharley

I bought out an old sign shop along with other stuff i got 2 older Encad novajet printers.Replaced the drive belts and ink tubes but have not put ink in it yet............I want to test it and do a dry print with no ink.

The Media out light is ON even though it is loaded with paper and goes threw its test phases b4 doing nothing.

Is this light also the ink out light to? and causing the machine to not start the print? Even though there is a light under the other that says INK out but is not let:wavingflag:

OldPaint

i dont think you can get it to run a "dry" print.
get a can of air, blow out the ink lines, disconnected from the ink connectors. sone kinda ink carts will have to be attached.

Tony McD

I had a 42e and 500, but it's been long enough I don't remember
either light, or much about the control panel.

If you're using narrow rolls, make sure the paper is loaded closest
to the control panel so the sensors see it.
Maybe a sensor is bad or disconnected?

Is there a "load media" in the menu?
I think you have to hit that, and it checks for, and measures the paper.

Hopefully you got a manual with it, and the battery operated suction
tool. Compared to new ones, it's a messy printer to operate, and you'll
need to pull ink through the lines/cartridges quite often.

Used to be a place called "Global Print Supplies" or something that had
inks and carts.

Hope this helps.
Tony

Tony McD

like O Paint' said, I don't think it will run a dry print either.
Just not sure that would give you a "media out" error,
but it's possible.

Are you testing with empty cartridges....or no cartridges?

hharley

back

I am testing with the old empty cartridges . Like i said i didnt want to fill the inks and prime but maybe i have to . The manul say the ink light only works with one model..and its not one of these...so it might mean the ink is out and machine wont dry print. And for free I might as well try to use them.

I had Encads in my old sign shop been so long ago i forgot about everything

Yes they were a little messy but sure made good cheep prints.

hharley

more

When i click the load media it goes threw its actions of running the roll back and forth and carrage going back and forth a fott or 2 thats when i thin it knows its out of ink

I get the load media on the windows as soon as i send the print from my computer to the machine.