• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EnVision 375 (Comm problem) Cable?

scramer

Hi, I am new to the sign biz and purchased a Gerber Edge 2 and an EnVision 375 from an auction. It did not come with cables but i determined that I needed to get a 25-9 pin com cable. I purchased one from eBay but it seems that the CQMgr does not like it. It keeps telling me it has a comm issue.

I have deleted and reinstalled several times with the same result. I am running Omega 2.5

Should I have to install something else for the software to know the plotter is available.

Do I need to buy a very specific 25-9 pin cable from Gerber's site?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

scramer

Wow, I didn't realize there was any difference in a regular 25 pin - 9 pin cable. That bites!

Anyone else confirm this before I go hunt one down?

Thanks Dustin for the quick response.

Border

You can get them way cheaper, just make sure it is a NULL modem cable. I did and saved a ton on my insurance too!

LOL

Jase

I'd buy the original one from Gerber you know it will work no issues. Just had a new one shipped from the U.S. Up and running straight away again.

signage

Here is information fot anyone that has one of these!
Page 8 tells you about the correct cable, as stated above!

rfulford

I know this is resolved but I found a cheap fix for my envision plotter. I will post here in case anyone else runs into this issue. I bought a null modem adapter from a local computer repair guy and added it to the serial cable I had. Total price was $5.

Rusty B

This old and resolved I know but just in case I solved this issue just today with 2 old cables I had laying around. A db9 and a db25. I cut the ends off I didn't need and grabbed a soldering gun and a volt meter. I traced the pins out and wrote down the color of each one with the meter. Then I wrote down the pin out off a google search for a 9 to 25 null modem cable and went to soldering and putting heat shrink over the connections. I did happen to have a USB serial adapter for the 9 pin connection on hand which I used but if you have an older machine with the 9 pin card slot then you wont need it. So this is as someone suggested in this thread as simple as a null modem cable if you can wait a few days on one of those. May be a better option than what I did but it did work with that pinout and I will be glad to share of anyone is interested in trying.

This old and resolved I know but just in case I solved this issue just today with 2 old cables I had laying around. A db9 and a db25. I cut the ends off I didn't need and grabbed a soldering gun and a volt meter. I traced the pins out and wrote down the color of each one with the meter. Then I wrote down the pin out off a google search for a 9 to 25 null modem cable and went to soldering and putting heat shrink over the connections. I did happen to have a USB serial adapter for the 9 pin connection on hand which I used but if you have an older machine with the 9 pin card slot then you wont need it. So this is as someone suggested in this thread as simple as a null modem cable if you can wait a few days on one of those. May be a better option than what I did but it did work with that pinout and I will be glad to share of anyone is interested in trying.

If you still have the cable wiring details that would be great