• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Envision 375 cutting “issue”

Will308decals

Hey everyone,

I have been noticing with my envision 375 that when I cut circles, the cut comes out more as an ellipse share rather than circle. In the omega software I have the cut dimensions of the circle as 1.5” x 1.5” but as you can see from the picture, it isn’t a perfect circle.

I have also noticed that the cuts made at the top of the vinyl (when looking at the plotter, the cuts made all the way on the left side) are slightly off centered. This issue compiles and creates for big cut tolerances when running longer jobs.

I used to not have an issue with cuts being off or circle being elliptical, so has anyone had this issue or know if there is a way to fix it?

All input is appreciated,
Will

IMG_9592.jpg

IMG_9574.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will308decals

Is this laminated? Did it stretch when it laminated?

It is laminated. And where that could be the problem, I have been laminating the same way for years with the same material. I’ll have to try without laminating and see if it is any better. I also think getting new blades will help with sharper cuts too

Have you cleaned the adhesive build up off of the sprockets and changed the thin white cutting strip? When my Envision starts doing janky cuts that usually helps.
And possibly a computer reboot...if you're anything like me and never turn it off.

Josh Martinez

X-Edge Products Excellent Speed, Excellent Quality
Hey everyone,

I have been noticing with my envision 375 that when I cut circles, the cut comes out more as an ellipse share rather than circle. In the omega software I have the cut dimensions of the circle as 1.5” x 1.5” but as you can see from the picture, it isn’t a perfect circle.

I have also noticed that the cuts made at the top of the vinyl (when looking at the plotter, the cuts made all the way on the left side) are slightly off centered. This issue compiles and creates for big cut tolerances when running longer jobs.

I used to not have an issue with cuts being off or circle being elliptical, so has anyone had this issue or know if there is a way to fix it?

All input is appreciated,
Will

View attachment 164623
View attachment 164624

What tool are you using? Do you put transfer paper on top of print before cutting? Are you using registration dots to line up print for cutting? I have seen this before when the vinyl stretches and doesn't line it up correctly.

Adam.Foster

When was the last time you cleaned and oiled the vertical silver rails on the carriage? I would do that along with cleaning the sprokets and replacing the cut strip.

KD Edgeman

We cut polycarbonate material with adhesive already applied (because it is a sub surface print on clear) with many cutout circles.
After many wasted parts, I found out if you slow the cutting speed way down, the circles are pretty good. We cut our poly at 11.11 speed with acceleration set at 6.67.
It takes longer, but the results are better!