• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 70600 Cyan and Magenta missing on One Head

lephot

Hi,

I had some issues with my cleaning stations on a Epson SC70600. Both cleaning stations had to be changed, but it took one month to get the parts due to the exceptionnally bad service of the Epson maintenance company (not Epson itself).
I was very upset because I was scared that I could loose both head due to none cleaning.

After the new stations were installed, one head remained perfect but on the other one, the Cyan and Magenta canal are totally missing. It tried with the cleaning cartridges, but there is noting to do. Not a single drop coming out !
I don't believe this that just theses 2 channels could be tollaly clogged.
So I wonder II could have missed something else ?

Does one of you have a suggestion, or does it mean head changing ?
Thanks for you inputs !

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would do the flush/fill on those channels again, but it might be shot. I cannot remember, but can you park the head and soak it overnight with fluid in the caps on this machine? I wonder if the caps are sealing/lining up correctly when it is cleaning. Another thing I've tried before is to just print large blocks of only the color having issues (Cyan / Magneta only) and increase the ink density in the Onyx RIP, to blow out the nozzles. I also think it would be odd for all nozzles to be clogged 100% in both heads.

I too have had MAJOR issues with out of warranty service from D1. Lost a head here also. Keep track of all your written documentation and have your local dealer and Epson see what they can do for you.

lephot

Hi and thanks jfiscus for you reply.
I wasn't probably clear enough in my explanations, but when I said I tried the cleaning cartridges, I was meaning I flushed the 2 channels.
It is difficult to park the head but I can try this overnight and tomorrow I will print the large blocks.
Thanks again !

lephot

Might be a stupid question, did anyone succeed in changing alone the printhead without the Epson service software ?

jfiscus

Rap Master
You cannot without the program. You have to depressurize the system through it to remove the heads and then to do other stuff. D1 forgot once and ink went EVERYWHERE here. Ruined the mainboard, a wall, the floor, lots of stuff.

HOWEVER, some people here might be able to locate that software for you.