• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 80600 error code (1931) heater

Odumike

hello everyone,

Defiantly new to printing and tried to search for weeks about this code before asking. i recently purchased a used 80600 that needed "heads" i say that because that's all that supposedly it was throwing a code for from the seller if true we will never know. Had a tech come and replace the heads (was not epson tech specific).

After the heads i went to start the machine and the machine goes through steps like its going to start and immediately before going further it throws a 1931 heater code. switched out the sub-e board and still the same, made sure the heater was attached with the three cables and still the same.

Anyone have this code before? also I am located in fredericksburg , va if anyone knows also epson techs or how to find one available to come look at it. i hear baltimore is the closest epson tech?

mim

0_o
I don't know, and I'm sure you already saw some stuff like this, but I found this online:

• Code: 1931
  • Description: HTC common elements communication error
  • Causes: • Connection failure between the main board and sub-E board such as cable disconnection
    • There is something wrong with the elements on the sub-E board.
    • There is something wrong with the communication elements on the main board.
  • Troubleshooting Guides: 1. Is the cable connected properly?
    2. Is the sub-E board out of order?
    3. Is the main board out of order? (unlikely cause of this error)
    1. Reconnect the cable.
    2. Replace the cable.
    3. Replace the sub-E board.
    4. Replace the main board.

Odumike

I don't know, and I'm sure you already saw some stuff like this, but I found this online:

• Code: 1931
  • Description: HTC common elements communication error
  • Causes: • Connection failure between the main board and sub-E board such as cable disconnection
    • There is something wrong with the elements on the sub-E board.
    • There is something wrong with the communication elements on the main board.
  • Troubleshooting Guides: 1. Is the cable connected properly?
    2. Is the sub-E board out of order?
    3. Is the main board out of order? (unlikely cause of this error)
    1. Reconnect the cable.
    2. Replace the cable.
    3. Replace the sub-E board.
    4. Replace the main board.
I did, but thank you so much for looking as well.

I feel like i have done this list over and over and over lol the only thing i have not done which it says is unlikely is switch out the main board.

mim

0_o
I did, but thank you so much for looking as well.

I feel like i have done this list over and over and over lol the only thing i have not done which it says is unlikely is switch out the main board.

Might be an electrical issue, beyond my (limited) expertise lol
Good luck, I hope you figure it out!