• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson black ink?

SameDay Signs

So apparently there is a nationwide shortage on ink from Epson and you cannot find black anywhere...wel being responsible I always almost have an extra cart but when I had to put in machine and went to order another I was told sorry 1-4 weeks is estimated time....well I’m stuck w 18% left which will last me prob today only maybe Tom so if anyone has an Epson s series black ink they wanted to move I would be more then interested in buying
Thanks

if anyone knows a company w stock let me know I’ve called Personaly over 30 places and nada so far

Glavin_ID

We placed an order from IT supplies two weeks ago and I heard from my team today that they shipped yesterday. Might be worth calling them to see if they have any left. We also ordered all other colors last week and were told those were back ordered as well.

SameDay Signs

We placed an order from IT supplies two weeks ago and I heard from my team today that they shipped yesterday. Might be worth calling them to see if they have any left. We also ordered all other colors last week and were told those were back ordered as well.
So after calling over 30 places i found one place with the 3m premium gs3 for $6 more and bought both carts they had...i have extra cym just not the black.....but yea i called IT yesterday and they were also out

Saturn

Aging Member
Not concerning at all....

Anyone get any feedback about resolution? Seems like a pretty big deal when a lot of fair sized shops rely 100% on these printers running all day long.

SameDay Signs

Funny
I am completely out of black ink. This is what happens when you rely on steady supply from your providers only to get smacked in the face with price increases and shortages. I am in the market for 1 or 2 cartridges. I saw one for sale on Ebay but price is higher. Might just have to pay up. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224415516381?ViewItem=&item=224415516381
I saw that and I actually offered him asking price I get the shortage but they aren’t in the business just look like a random supplier I chewed him out and let him know I’d rather not print then to have them price gouge that bad

ikarasu

This is why I keep an extra 2 of each cartridge on hand at all times.

Yes .. you tie up some capital, but I've been burned by shortages one too many times.

Did they say why there's a shortage, or when it'll be over? I have a few rolls of wraps coming up... Should be ok but it's going to deplete most of my supply... Grimcos out of bit just black, but cyan and yellow up here in Canada as well.

SameDay Signs

Yes .. you tie up some capital, but I've been burned by shortages one too many times.

Did they say why there's a shortage, or when it'll be over? I have a few rolls of wraps coming up... Should be ok but it's going to deplete most of my supply... Grimcos out of bit just black, but cyan and yellow up here in Canada as well.
I was told by many suppliers that from monday when we talked there all expecting 2-4 weeks and i mean theres none anywhere ive looked lol...i bought the 2 carts i found just randomly but that won't last long as this is our season to pick up

CanuckSigns

I saw grimco canada was out as well, but I called TG Graphics and was able to get a few carts that I was low on for our normal price, might be worth checking out.

Glavin_ID

A little birdie just gave me the heads up that Grimco Akron, OH has some carts. Not sure what colors but worth a try for those looking.