• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson DX7 banding issue?

Sergio Troy

Hi, recently i purchased wall printer with Epson DX7 printhead. From the beginning i have issue with horizontal magenta stripes while printing grey colors (made from CMY values). I made grey gradient only from K value and when i set pure hue grey in Flexi Rip magenta stripes disappeared. With no pure hue there were these stripes also on grey gradient made only form K value. Could you guys tell me what can be the cause of these stripes? Problem is only with grey color

Attachments

• IMG_20221216_233721.jpg
    IMG_20221216_233721.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 235
I suppose the print head could be faulty. If you print a standard nozzle test, it can look normal. Some of the advanced, manual head alignment patterns will can show defects in the heads that standard patterns may not show. That is the issue with some of these printers using Epson heads, many times the heads are used/refurbs with issues. One or just a few deflected nozzles in a color can cause banding