• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS6000 media compensation

Letterbox Mike

I've posted this before a while back, sorry for reposting it...

Does anybody know how to (or even if you can) adjust the media compensation (or media feed) on the GS6000 while it is printing. We can't find how to do it and I'm sick of having to restart prints 50 times to get it dialed in right...

Shoulda' got another Mimaki...

jmcnicoll

Curious what problem your having. After having Mimakis for a couple years and having to fight the media comp all the time I have never had a need to adjust it on our GS6000. I remember hearing there is a way, but haven't needed it myself I don't know how either.

What rip are you running?

jim

I have never used the 6000. I know it is similar to the Mutoh. While it is printing , hit the menu button. It shows the current temps. It allows you to adjust the temps. The last thing is the pf adjust. After adjustment you can scroll down to back up. This will keep the adjustments for next time.

Letterbox Mike

I have never used the 6000. I know it is similar to the Mutoh. While it is printing , hit the menu button. It shows the current temps. It allows you to adjust the temps. The last thing is the pf adjust. After adjustment you can scroll down to back up. This will keep the adjustments for next time.

I'll try this to see if it works, but I want to say we've already tried that with no luck...

jmcnicoll, no matter what we set the media compensation to in the RIP when we start printing, it inevitably needs to be adjusted partway into the print, often times multiple times. If we're running long runs of something or a full roll, it'll be all over the place throughout the roll. It's extremely irritating... Our Mimakis have always been like this too, but it's easy to correct by adjusting it on the fly and usually on them it only needs to be adjusted after you attach the media to the takeup reel.

MachServTech

insignia, wasnt your printer installed this year? Who was the installing technician? The service calibration for media comp is a super PITA, but it only needs to be done once, everything else can be accomplished from the user menu.

I would get Epson involved, with a machine that new you should be getting exceptional output.

To be honest I almost bought the GS6000 myself, but decided against because the HP Latex has an optical advance sensor and replaceable printheads.

The GS6000 still has better print quality...mostly :wink:

Get on your dealer and make them cough up some tech support!

Letterbox Mike

I didn't know there was a service calibration to be done. We bought a dealer demo (3 months old) so we picked it up and installed it ourselves, assuming everything was good to go on it. I'll call tech support to see if we can get a technician out to fine tune some things then...

MachServTech

Yeah, it certainly takes a bit of measuring on a test print from the service menu to get it just right.

I can dig up the service manual if you cant get a tech out there.

Graphics2u

Not sure how much similar these are to their Mutoh cousins, but on the Mutohs while it's printing hit menu and scroll down as someone said until you find PF Adjust, hit enter and make changes. How ever it's called Micro adjust and it's very Micro. Almost no change that I can see. But that only changes it for the current print. If you want to keep that you need to go into the regular menu when not printing and change it under the Media Type you want to use.
Does it have a setting in the RIP for choosing Media Type 1, 2, 3, etc.?