• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS6000 Take up adjustment

jmcnicoll

Had a tech in here working on our GS6000 and I mentioned I didn't like the care for the take up because it rolled crooked and couldn't take more than half a roll. He adjusted the height on one side of the take up bar to make it more parallel with the print platen and it seems to be working much better. Still haven't printed a full roll with it adjusted, but it rolls up more even now.

jiim

jmcnicoll

I just finished printing a full (95%) roll of 150 foot long 13 oz banner and it wound up nearly perfect. Before it was adjusted I could have only done half a roll or a little less. I guess the tech actually did something useful!

Jim

Rydaddy

Good to know. This issue is one of the things that causes my hesitation at pulling the trigger on one...

parrott

Glad to hear that somebody has had some success with the take up bar. I will mention this to our installer on Monday and hopefully this will eliminate the issue from the get go. I don't for see us printing rolls at a time, but would like the peace of mind when we do.

jmcnicoll

Printed two 61" x 30' panels on 63" wide 15oz banner stock overnight and it wound up perfectly!!!!!!! Our GS6000 now winds up better than our JV3s ever did!!!!! Highly recommend tweaking your take up pole to match your print platen, you'll be happy you did!!!!

jim