• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson s40600 question

RG

Is there an easy way to access the ink drain tubing that's under the cap tops on a s40600 to see if one is plugged? Or is this something that only the most competent tech can do? All of a sudden I have lots of jet dropout in the top 5 lines of C1. Running cleaning cycles just makes it worse. When I print 3 square feet of pure cyan, it gets better. About a year ago the big drain tube from the flushing tank was very clogged. It was easy to access and clear up. But, under the cap tops looks not-so-easy. Any input is appreciated.

swordguy3222

Last time I had something like this happen it was a problem with the damper. It is something easy enough to replace, and wont break the bank. If you have access to the service program, you can try an ink purge, can't remember the exact wording, but it will run a cycle across all head and push a bunch of ink thru it. That might help as well.

RG

Thanks swordguy3222. I will definitely do that. I think it's called a head washing. I did that about a year ago and it did help. If I'm remembering right, I can wash just 2 colors instead of all 4.