• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Epson S50675 strange issue with code 1A39

Nick Ng

Hi Everyone,

I have an Epson S50675 printer and 2 weeks ago my printer suddenly stopped working during a "Heavy" nozzle cleaning routine. An error code "1A39" displayed.

"Description: The drive circuit in the Printhead is damaged due to a slant connection of the Head FFC, etc., or the fuse of the Main Board Assy may has blown because of such a wrong connection."

- I purchased a service program on ebay for the Epson printer and reset the head maintenance code. That didn't work, I then unplugged the ribbon cable CN402 from the main board, power on the printer and everything was back to normal with no error code. Then I turned off the printer and plugged the CN402 ribbon cable back, powered on, and it is now working like a normal printer. 2 Days later the code 1A39 popped up again right after a "Heavy" nozzle cleaning mode, I repeated the steps and the printer is back to normal. Since then I don't do the "Heavy" nozzle cleaning mode anymore instead I'll just do "Light" mode.

I am trying to understand why "1A39" popped up in the first place? There seem to be zero issue with the head #1 and the main board fuse is not blown. I am assuming if the main board fuse is blown "F12" for the head #1 then head #1 wouldn't be able to print out any color? But head #1 is printing out color just fine.

I do want to sell this printer soon, but I want to make sure I understand the issue so the next buyer is not screw. Feel free to comment your thoughts on this!

Nick Ng

*UPDATE*

This is my update for anyone in the future searching for Epson 1A39 fatal error issue. Before you commit to calling a technician to come out (which is super expensive) check for the following that could possibly save you thousand of dollars.

The 1A39 fatal error code is known for blown fuse, bad printer head, bad main board, or bad head ribbon cable. You must check for the head fuse first and it is usually called F9 or F12 depending on your printer model. If it is blown then go ahead and replace it. After you replaced it, the error will still be there. This is when you need to buy a service program on ebay for your Epson printer model (around $20-$30) Open the service program software and reset the flag head maintenance. After this important step is done the printer will be back to normal. This step will save you so much money before assuming your printer head is bad or your main board is bad. It it totally worth a try for $35 total vs buying a $2,000 printer head or a new main board.

Allman

*UPDATE*

This is my update for anyone in the future searching for Epson 1A39 fatal error issue. Before you commit to calling a technician to come out (which is super expensive) check for the following that could possibly save you thousand of dollars.

The 1A39 fatal error code is known for blown fuse, bad printer head, bad main board, or bad head ribbon cable. You must check for the head fuse first and it is usually called F9 or F12 depending on your printer model. If it is blown then go ahead and replace it. After you replaced it, the error will still be there. This is when you need to buy a service program on ebay for your Epson printer model (around $20-$30) Open the service program software and reset the flag head maintenance. After this important step is done the printer will be back to normal. This step will save you so much money before assuming your printer head is bad or your main board is bad. It it totally worth a try for $35 total vs buying a $2,000 printer head or a new main board.

Hi, thanks for this post. I am having the same issue with my S50670. Can you point me to the link for the fuse? Also would love to locate it on the board. Can you help with that as well?

Ronc

*UPDATE*

where is the fuse located? Is it big or small?

where is the fuse located? Is it big or small?
Wondering the same thing... Is it those little brown rectangle boxes? If so, they're soldered on, assuming need to unsolder and replace?

Having the issue come up on an Epson S80600 just now. Started printing and then errored out mid-print.

Anyone able to update and let me know?

I am an authorized Epson tech...Rarely is the main board the cause of an 1A39 error....you would have to have had a terrible electrical spike or worked on the printer with it plugged in to damage the main board. Also, you don't need the adjustment program to reset the 1A39. The 1A39 does not designate left or right head failure, you will have to guess and always unplug the printer and then hit the on/off button a few times to discharge any leftover voltage.....You will need the adjustment program to input the numbers on the side of the head...known as the HEAD RANK ID. I can get print heads if anyone needs them, I will need serial numbers off the printers....I cannot provide the adjustment program as I am not allowed to share that. WeFixPrinters.com Rob

Robert Mowad

Sign Man of
I am an authorized Epson tech...Rarely is the main board the cause of an 1A39 error....you would have to have had a terrible electrical spike or worked on the printer with it plugged in to damage the main board. Also, you don't need the adjustment program to reset the 1A39. The 1A39 does not designate left or right head failure, you will have to guess and always unplug the printer and then hit the on/off button a few times to discharge any leftover voltage.....You will need the adjustment program to input the numbers on the side of the head...known as the HEAD RANK ID. I can get print heads if anyone needs them, I will need serial numbers off the printers....I cannot provide the adjustment program as I am not allowed to share that. WeFixPrinters.com Rob
Id like to buy some heads for my epson 60600 also looking for another one. My name is Robert at isigndesignonline@gmail.com