• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Epson s80600 issue

31legen

I’ve got an Epson s80600 10 color and have lost all orange on head 1. The rest of the nozzle test comes up perfect for all other nozzles? Is this a head replacement or ink supply issue. Also who near Richmond other than Descision one will work on it for me?

greysquirrel

Tere are not too many servicing dealers. Diversified Display out of NJ can help you. 9086862200. I think there is only one other dealer tech in the country on the west coast. D1 has the national contract. You can turn your printer into single head mode to get through jobs until the repair is done. You can flush the channel with cleaning solution as well.

31legen

Tere are not too many servicing dealers. Diversified Display out of NJ can help you. 9086862200. I think there is only one other dealer tech in the country on the west coast. D1 has the national contract. You can turn your printer into single head mode to get through jobs until the repair is done. You can flush the channel with cleaning solution as well.

Thank you

mdjamesd

I hope you already got this resolved. Was it a bad ink batch? If you call Epson and give them the information on the end of the cartridge, they may be able to tell you

31legen

I havent gotten it resolved. I dont think its a bad ink batch. The other head is firing perfectly. I did a full flush of the orange color without any luck.

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com

How is this accomplished? Printer menu or through rip? Thanks!

Val47

Did you get your issue fixed? I think that happened to us a little while back. My boss fixed it, but if you still need help, I'll ask him tomorrow if he remembers our problem and what he did.
... I think there was a line clog or something? It was a fairly easy fix I think.

Davidf0711

I have the exact same issue but a much longer story. We had a brand spanking new SC-S80600 delivered on 6th January. Within 3 days the cyan nozzle on head 1 stopped firing, almost completely. Phone call to local dealer and they came next day, diagnosed a faulty head and replaced head 1. This was after 3 days of use.

The engineer had barely left our factory 3 hours and the problem started again. Slowly but surely banding appeared in the print and within a few hours once again cyan had completely dropped from head 1.

Phone call to dealer once again and they told us to print with one head and they would have an engineer back ASAP. Engineer comes back 2 days later and replaces BOTH heads and printer works amazing. Engineer states he has never seen a brand new machine need 3 heads in its first ever week.

Fast forward a week until mid January and boom, same thing happens. Cyan completely drops from head 1. I'm straight on phone to Epson dealer and at this point pretty darn angry as I had just spent almost £20k on a machine that didn't work. The dealer blames the cold weather. Then he blamed our media. They basically blamed everything they could think off but we have two Mimakis and a Roland in the same room as the Epson and they all work perfectly well regardless of temperature or media and I expected the same from the Epson. I got quite irate on the phone and the dealer eventually gave in and delivered a brand new printer to our factory last Wednesday (10th February 2021). The director of the dealership, the salesman and 2 engineers arrive to install the machine and make sure everything is perfect. They install the machine and all seems fine. We print on it on Wednesday, all day Thursday and all day Friday and everything is great.

Then this morning (15th February) my print operator comes into my office to say printer is doing exact same thing. I go in to see test print and this time it is light cyan almost completely gone. See attached picture.

STRAIGHT on phone to dealer. Sent them photos. Lots of phone calls and eventually dealer offers a full refund. I tell them I don't want a refund and that I just want my printer to print in the way that it is supposed to. Dealer admits they have no clue what is happening and don't know how to fix it. I asked can Epson trace their quality checks back with the serial number to check in case its a dodgy batch of printers and was told Epson builds their printers with robots and therefore they do not make mistakes and quality is never an issue, no machines ever come back, nobody ever complains etc etc etc.

After numerous phone calls (and some angry words) the managing director is making the 4 hour trip up from Dublin tomorrow with an engineer to find out what the problem is. I have stated that I also want to know EXACTLY what the problem is. My print guy has been in the graphics game since 1984 and has probably forgotten more than I know (I'm in the game since 1999) so I'm pretty confident it's not user error although I have asked that the engineer check all settings on the machine itself to make sure everything is as it should be.

I will be following this thread and I will let you know how I get on tomorrow after the engineers look at my 2nd Epson SC-S80600 in a month and see if they can figure out what the heck is wrong with it!!

Attachments

• 20210215_100359.jpg
    20210215_100359.jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 371

Davidf0711

Ok so engineers arrived yesterday. Stripped whole machine down and basically they all stood there scratching their heads. Then eventually one of them noticed a very, very, very, slight mark on the print head. This thing was so small you basically had to hold the head up and move it about under the lights to see it. So apparently this has been the problem but we will wait and see as this is now our fourth head and 2nd printer in a month.

We were told at our training that the heads in these machines were robust enough that you can clean them with a cloth. We were also told to ALWAYS switch the machine off at night and NEVER leave it powered on or in standby mode. Yesterday the engineers told us to now always leave the machine on and never touch the head with anything at all. The exact opposite to what they told us before.

We have two Mimakis and a Roland and we never switch them off, even over holiday periods. We also only ever clean round the heads and never touch the heads themselves so i found their advice very strange at the beginning as it goes against the norm for every other printer we own. When i questioned this at training i was told that Epson had spent half a billion dollars developing heads that could be wiped down and machines that would not clog up with ink even if left switched off or unattended for months at a time. I was hesitant to believe this but we followed the sales guys advice. I think he was wrong and now they are telling us to do the opposite for whatever reason. I think it was usual salesman BS he was spouting at the start!

As of yesterday the machine is working perfectly but i will keep you updated if anything goes wrong again.

Tatonka

We were told at our training that the heads in these machines were robust enough that you can clean them with a cloth. We were also told to ALWAYS switch the machine off at night and NEVER leave it powered on or in standby mode. Yesterday the engineers told us to now always leave the machine on and never touch the head with anything at all. The exact opposite to what they told us before.

We have two Mimakis and a Roland and we never switch them off, even over holiday periods. We also only ever clean round the heads and never touch the heads themselves so i found their advice very strange at the beginning as it goes against the norm for every other printer we own. When i questioned this at training i was told that Epson had spent half a billion dollars developing heads that could be wiped down and machines that would not clog up with ink even if left switched off or unattended for months at a time. I was hesitant to believe this but we followed the sales guys advice. I think he was wrong and now they are telling us to do the opposite for whatever reason. I think it was usual salesman BS he was spouting at the start!

As of yesterday the machine is working perfectly but i will keep you updated if anything goes wrong again.

I've always left our S80 on, as I was told it won't turn itself on to clean. Our Mimaki and Rolands get shut off, they turn back on to do a cleaning.

As for wiping the head, I've always been told to never touch the heads on any machine. This seems to be the only brand of machine that uses a roller to clean the heads instead of a wiper, which has always made more sense to me since you're not wiping a dirty swab across the heads, but always rolling a clean piece of material across them.

CanuckSigns

Ok so engineers arrived yesterday. Stripped whole machine down and basically they all stood there scratching their heads. Then eventually one of them noticed a very, very, very, slight mark on the print head. This thing was so small you basically had to hold the head up and move it about under the lights to see it. So apparently this has been the problem but we will wait and see as this is now our fourth head and 2nd printer in a month.

Yeah whoever told you that you can turn the machine off for months without issue should be fired, that's horrible advice. The print heads are really no different than the solvent heads in your roland or mimaki machines, still fragile enough to take good care of, and at $3000 each you want them to last las long as possible.

Yeah whoever told you that you can turn the machine off for months without issue should be fired, that's horrible advice. The print heads are really no different than the solvent heads in your roland or mimaki machines, still fragile enough to take good care of, and at $3000 each you want them to last las long as possible.

Funny thing Mimaki and Roland uses Epson printheads :roflmao:

*PS Roland USED to run with Epson printheads but it was expensive so they went for a cheaper shetty one (Ricoh i believe) this is why truevis is so bad

Tatonka

Funny thing Mimaki and Roland uses Epson printheads :roflmao:

*PS Roland USED to run with Epson printheads but it was expensive so they went for a cheaper shetty one (Ricoh i believe) this is why truevis is so bad

Mimaki and roland stay on unless you turn the main power off. Not sure if that's the case with epsons, but I was told by our installer that they should always stay powered on.

rytard

Did you get your issue fixed? I think that happened to us a little while back. My boss fixed it, but if you still need help, I'll ask him tomorrow if he remembers our problem and what he did.
... I think there was a line clog or something? It was a fairly easy fix I think.
What did your boss do to fix it? My red/yellow head is doing this.