• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S80600 suddenly stops printing and starts feeding out the material

mim

0_o
Hi all,

I've run into this issue a couple times the past few weeks. I'll be printing a large file (this one is a .jpg size 4'x8') and the printer abruptly stops printing and starts feeding out the material in short bursts. I hope that makes sense. I am not doing anything differently with the file and I usually just hit print again and it works fine. It doesn't leave any stroke marks, it looks like in properly finished printing.

Any ideas? I'm using Onyx GamaPrint.

Attachments

• 20210819_144722.jpg
    20210819_144722.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 276

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
How is your RIP machine connected to the printer?
I would check all cabling first, and if any network switches in between, give them a reboot or swap them out temporarily with a known working one for testing purposes.

mim

0_o
How is your RIP machine connected to the printer?
I would check all cabling first, and if any network switches in between, give them a reboot or swap them out temporarily with a known working one for testing purposes.

It is connected via USB, I read somewhere else that USB is not ideal so I hope we can fix that issue here. I will follow the rest of your advice and see what happens. It only happens once in a while so it's hard to test for. Thank you!

ikarasu

Epson will feed media when there is no print data, that suede up printing about when there is a lot of empty space in your prints.

My guess is it's the USB, if try switching to networked as it is heaps better these days